Last Concert You Attended

jacksonbart

Tedeschi Trucks Band

So a few weeks ago I made a journey with a buddy to go see the Tedeschi Trucks band down in Charleston VW. I have really enjoyed seeing both artist separately (they are married, so am I but to another lady) but when they were near me, I was vacationing in the Outer Banks. So I went on line and was able to get second row tickets at the Clay Center. The wife was not able to go so I went down with a buddy in my vette. Great time is all I can say. The venue was great, my seat was awesome and Charleston was a nice place to visit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rolling Stones May 28th of this yeat at the United Center in Chicago. Went with my son and had a great time. My son said the concert was great but the audience was too laid back. I would say the median age of the crowd was in the late 40s to early 50s, maybe that is why they were laid back. Most of the younger crowd got left out because at $250 a ticket in the cheaper seats sort if priced them out of it. Most money I have ever paid for any kind of an event but was well worth it to me.

Saw the Stones in 73? in the Gator Bowl in Jax. At $250 per ticket, there would have been very little in the way of a crowd.

Saw Tab Benoit on the insistance of a friend at a local small venue called The Moon 6 months ago. Previous to that saw Leon Russell at the same place 7 years ago. Thought I would not be allowed in but time cures all memories apparently.

Dave Matthews Band in Phoenix at cricket pavilion. Not even sure if that is the name of the place anymore. Guy in front of us had so much weed on him I thought there would be a local shortage. He was pulling J's every 5 mins. Had to leave early it was so hard to breathe. This was 2007 I think.

Cool thread idea.

Dr. John at the Rochester International Jazz Fest. "Jazz" being a fairly loose interpretation odf the range of performers. This was the end (for me) to a whole weeks worth of great music. Many free show on street stages within a several block area. Plus pay shows at many indoor venues--all within easy walking distance of one another. This was a free street stage show. Nice venue, no problem getting close enough to see and hear well. Great weather and a few adult beverages were the icing on the cake.

Dying Fetus, and Hatebreed at Sokol hall. Hatebreed was the headliner, its hard to make it all the way through concerts like this these days on school nights. Back in my prime i was going to either a national act, or good local band about every night of the week. Now I am lucky to go to a concert about 3 times a year.

Perhaps not what everyone would have had in mind in this thread, but I'm seeing Holst's The Planets by the Baltimore Symphony at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda, Friday evening, Nov. 8.

Because of slim classical music pickings this season, I didn't organize a group concert outing this year.