Klipsch RF-3 (and Kl sub) - St. Augustine

billybob

Thanks James!

Have them setup at computer desk in place of the KG-4's and played a couple of songs for Nancy. She appears happy...so far. Some broken grill pegs and missing the feet but understand these are around 15 years old and have been sitting in the garage for a bit. I may get the feet somewhere later.

The sub turned out to be an 8SWV like I got once before in a Klipsch deal. Nothing special but, I may hook it up for a time, at least to check it out before unloading it. Need to make 2 jumpers for one speaker as just have the LF connected. No biggie! Speaker wire too, nothing exotic.

As soon as I am alone, I will take the RF-3 for a spin and see what I have. Certainly no complaints. LOL

Thanks James!

Have them setup at computer desk in place of the KG-4's and played a couple of songs for Nancy. She appears happy...so far. Some broken grill pegs and missing the feet but understand these are around 15 years old and have been sitting in the garage for a bit. I may get the feet somewhere later.

The sub turned out to be an 8SWV like I got once before in a Klipsch deal. Nothing special but, I may hook it up for a time, at least to check it out before unloading it. Need to make 2 jumpers for one speaker as just have the LF connected. No biggie! Speaker wire too, nothing exotic.

As soon as I am alone, I will take the RF-3 for a spin and see what I have. Certainly no complaints. LOL

I need to listen to more of the Reference Series speakers. Lori has a marathon the weekend of January 18 and I hope to add other stops while we’re in the area.

I have some brass shim stock that should be perfect for your jumpers, I need some too. We need to see if they're the same as what's on others, such as KLF or Epic, to model.

What feet are gone? My latest haul are missing their peg legs.

Edited by jweber

The RF-3 feet that are bolted on from the bottom. Yes, I went ahead and made a set that were missing from some speaker wire. And yes, you and me both need to give the Reference line a listen. Just listened some more and just wow for now. On the Epic line, the feet are somewhat different looking. I may check out e-bay or the forum here for some.

Thin brass shim stock sounds like a winner.