WTB: Looking for modest Integrated Amp or Receiver

Mike Lindsey

I recently sold my Scott 299D and am in the market for a modest priced ($250) integrated amp or receiver for a 2-ch system for my apt in VA. I only have one source (Denon 3910) and the speakers are Decorator Heresy's. I do not require a lot of power due to apt living, but would still like the quality to be decent at lower listening levels.

I had an HK-730 that I liked a lot, and now have a Luxman LV-117 driving a pair of KP-201's in the Florida home (which I love btw), and might be looking for something along those lines. The 3910 does not play Blu-Rays (only DVD's and CD's), and therefore really don't see the need for having digital/hdmi inputs, but won't rule anything out either.

Again, I'm not trying to break the bank. Just looking for a quality unit that I can enjoy watching movies and listening to CD's with. Apt is located in northern VA.

Thanks,

Mike

I recently sold my Scott 299D and am in the market for a modest priced ($250) integrated amp or receiver for a 2-ch system for my apt in VA. I only have one source (Denon 3910) and the speakers are Decorator Heresy's. I do not require a lot of power due to apt living, but would still like the quality to be decent at lower listening levels.

I had an HK-730 that I liked a lot, and now have a Luxman LV-117 driving a pair of KP-201's in the Florida home (which I love btw), and might be looking for something along those lines. The 3910 does not play Blu-Rays (only DVD's and CD's), and therefore really don't see the need for having digital/hdmi inputs, but won't rule anything out either.

Again, I'm not trying to break the bank. Just looking for a quality unit that I can enjoy watching movies and listening to CD's with. Apt is located in northern VA.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Glad to hear you still are enjoying the Luxman.

Take a look at one of these Onkyo TX-8050 network stereo receivers. I have the Integra version(DTM-40.4) that I just love driving my Heresys. It replaced my beloved Luxman R-117 that I sold to another forum member and I could not be more pleased. I love everything about it. I never thought anything would sound close to the Luxman with the Heresys but I was wrong. I would say that the sound quality of the Integra/Heresy combo is about 95% of the Luxman/Heresy combo but with less headroom(80w/ch Integra vs 160w/ch Luxman).

I might even say that the imaging is even better with the Integra. Very 3-dimensional sound. The Integra has network capabilities with audio streaming from a SMART device or PC/laptop, both wired and wireless(additional wireless dongle seperate).

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTX8050/Onkyo-TX-8050-2-Channel-Network-Stereo-Receiver/1.html

with

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKUWF1A/Onkyo-UWF-1-Wireless-USB-Network-Adapter-NEW/1.html

As you probably know, A4Less is right up the road in Apopka.

I turned Kimba(rennoc442) on to one also.

Bill

Edited by willland

I have a very nice Denon PMA 2000R Integrated amp. It's a really nice amp but I have been in the mode of paring down everything but what I absolutely am using. This amp is a true dual mono design with seperate power supplies, etc and the build quality is quite good.

I believe the output is 80 wpc @ 8 ohms and 160 wpc @ 4 ohms (as I understand it that's a good thing).

I'd like to get $400 for it. I am at work and don't have pictures but there are quite a few on the internet. My unit is black.

I have a very nice Denon PMA 2000R Integrated amp. It's a really nice amp but I have been in the mode of paring down everything but what I absolutely am using. This amp is a true dual mono design with seperate power supplies, etc and the build quality is quite good.

I believe the output is 80 wpc @ 8 ohms and 160 wpc @ 4 ohms (as I understand it that's a good thing).

I'd like to get $400 for it. I am at work and don't have pictures but there are quite a few on the internet. My unit is black.

If Mike passes on that beast, I may just consider it(wife's blessing needed first).

Bill

If Mike passes on that beast, I may just consider it(wife's blessing needed first).

Bill

That's a great amp, and one that I've wanted to own for quite some time... B)

I have a Harmon Kardon HK-3490 2 Channel AV receiver (120 wpc) in brand new condition with all original packaging. Barely used at all and sounds fantastic with Klipsch speakers. Remote and accessories not even opened.

$275.00 + shipping. ($449.00 new)

Edited by mark1101

Mike - I have a very nice, fully functional HK 730, if you would like to return to that. I am sure I could get it to you in Florida shipped for well under $250. My asking price is $175. You can check on preferred shipping costs. I used the HK for a couple of years after having it serviced by an HK certified tech in 2008. Since then I have moved to other electronics. I'll attach a couple of photos. I can send better ones, if you like. Jeff

post-25859-0-94960000-1383940925_thumb.j

post-25859-0-93160000-1383940946_thumb.j

Edited by youngjj

I have a HK-630 or a HK-730 i you are interested. $125 a pop for either one. I am moving and really dont want to lug the items around. Moving from DC to Salt Lake so it's a distance if doing the move on one's own.

I also have the following ready to box up if anyone is interested.

everything has been rebuilt and tested.

2 ea H.H. Scott 99A Mono Amps $150. ea

1 ea H.H. Scott 99C Mono Amp $175.

1 ea. H. H. Scott 222A (rebilt by NOS Valves) $300.

1 ea EICO ST-70 (rebuilt by NOS Valves) $475.

1 ea Fisher 500 C (rebuilt by Terry DeWick)

Do you still have the remote? How about the original box and manual?

Mike

Have to ask, why did you sell your Scott amp? I find it's a match made in heaven with the Klipsch Heritage speakers. Did it put off too much heat for your room?

I just never played the Scott that much in the apt. When I'm at home in FL, I love futzing with my tube gear and vinyl, but in DC I just want to turn something on, throw in a cd and forget it. It was a nice match, but I'm looking for something thats simple to use and doesn't take any time to warm up.

Mike

Do you still have the remote? How about the original box and manual?

Mike

Mike,

I do have the remote but not the original box/manual. I will send you some pictures if you like. I'm in South Carolina, not sure of you come up I-95 when you make the trek but I could meet you along the way.