Divorce/Relocation Sale TONS of stuff!

ben.

1/25 I am seeing if I can raise $2500 by Monday 1/27. I will not be insulted by any offers that will get me there. Bundle them up, make offers, let's see if this can happen. The iron is hot. Hit it now. Let me know what you need to make it happen. Adding some pics and info to end of thread shortly.

Note: I will try to keep edits in red to call attention if you are revisiting this.

So, shedding my skin. Simplifying. That means no tubes, no horns, no vinyl, no stuff I don't really need to be happy. I want to offer my gear here first, as for a long time this was a community that I felt close to and of which I am still quite fond. I'm located near Buffalo and Rochester NY. Zip is 14067. Please pm, email or post to thread with any questions or anything. Posting some without prices pending evaluation of condition or research. Pics pending, please ask only if you are really interested in a purchase, not curious as my time and resources are limited. :)

Can ship via truck freight at commercial (reasonable) rates. International parcel shipping fine.

• Pair 70's Khorn bass bins with empty tops. Unsure of model of woofers but play great, Rough cosmetics but not trashed by any means. Can pull apart but don't want to. Very solid. $500 SOLD!
  • Pair Altec 203B horns $400
  • (4) Altec 290 midrange drivers, (1) 292 Prices vary - pics and details on pg 3!
  • VPI Scout with Benz Glider H2 cart. Very clean. A little wear on the arm from the holder. No issues whatsoever. Original packaging. $1500 with homemade acrylic cover (cracked from shipping but functional) that Thebes sent me years ago. SOLD!
  • VPI 16.5 record cleaner. Barely used, super clean. Original packaging. (2) brand new Disc Doctor brushes and fluid with instructions (I think Allan Songers method, too) $450 SOLD!
  • (2) granite slabs - one thick black w/ flakes - ~70 lbs, one a bit thinner green with lighter marbling ~45 lbs.
  • Nice locally made custom cabinet (modeled after Salamander) with adjustable shelves and lockable doors. Walnut stain on oak I think. Classy. $350 pics added!
  • Juicymusic Blueberry w/ Cream preamp original packaging. $1500 - only due to minor flaw on top of cab. pics in thread!
  • Pair McIntosh Mc30 w/ National Union 350B outputs, Tele and Amperex small tubes. Average cosmetics, amazing sound. $1100 SOLD!
  • Pair Heathkit W5M with cages. Average cosmetics. Unrestored but great working condition. $1100 SOLD!
  • (2) Teac AL-700P chip amps. One NOS, one light use. $?
  • Sony SACD 5 disc changer - have to check model #. $?
  • 800-1000 LPs. Looking for someone local here - I will get a list together eventually, but right now I am hoping to have someone just come look and make an offer for the lot. If I'm going to take the time to make a list, it will be at a point where I'll cherry pick and sell some to pull more money out of the collection than a lot sale. Some high value, some run of the mill. Rock/pop, jazz, some nice classical too. Ikea storage.
  • Audix PH-250 powered studio monitors. Relaxed, unhyped (British?) sound, $200 obo
  • Altec 353A integrated amp. Works great. Was in office system for a while. $850
  • Pair Altec 605A coaxials. Perfect. No crossovers. $900 Pics added!! SOLD for more on Ebay.
  • Electro-voice Regency III corner horn cabinet. Unloaded, baffle cut for 3-way. Nice shape. $300 obo
  • Beautiful Karlson cabinets. 1950's Phillipine Mahogany. 12" cutouts. Average sounding Utah coax installed. Condition good, not mint but nice. $300 obo
  • Pair Altec 9844A flat black. Cosmetics not great, but solid, not trashed. A close second to my Khorns back in the day. Perfect functionally. $950 SOLD!
  • VTC Pro Audio DLMS4080 system processor. SMOKES dbx stuff. http://www.vtcproaudio.com/dlms4080.html $600
  • 3 or 4 Akai M8 RTR with speakers. - offers here. Probably being converted to pres or instrument amps.
  • David Bogen db110 - mono 6V6 integrated. Negative feedback disconnected. $?
  • University/EV Cobreflex mid horn $?
  • University PAH 1" 25W phenolic mid compression driver $?

Also some music gear:

• The Heritage H137TV guitar w/ factory case. Some play wear, awesome sound and overall condition. $1200
  • G&L Tribute S-500 sunburst/maple w/ factory bag. Indonesian. Nearly no wear, finish chip near trem bar was there from new. Needs nut work but plays and sounds great (intonation off in lower positions). $375
  • Bill Fitzmaurice DR250a in carpet with neo, Tuba24 in flat black. $600 will separate.
  • 1964 Harmony Meteor. Generic bag. Front p/u needs rewind - Lollar does these all the time. $500 Awesome guitar. SOLD!!
  • 1991 Fender CIJ 51 Precision Reissue. Titanium bridge saddles (originals included), Novak single coil pickup (also I think the Duncan that I bought it with) Super light, amazing instrument. Can send links to recordings done with it. Beautiful pale finish, not yellow. Ash grain shows up really nicely. A keeper. Strung with TI flats. $1000
  • Godin Kingpin II w/ Tric case in Cognac Burst - nearly no wear, awesome guitar. Strung with flats $800
  • 1967 Vox Pacemaker (tube - only made for a year or so). Average cosmetics, superb sound, killer trem. Liquid, tube rectified sound. Loaded with Weber ceramic or 50s/60s Jensen P10R $800 SOLD!!
  • 197? Ampeg B15N© in custom road case. Loaded with Altec 421A speaker. Perfect operating condition, included custom XLR4-1/4" cables to use a speaker DI or use head with other cabs. Vintage RCA military 5692 pre tubes, Sov 5881 I think for outputs, Weber SS rectifier and vintage 5AR4 included. Can link to recording clips. $1500
  • Guitar speakers: Weber Alnico Blue Dog 50W, '58 Jensen P12N, P12Q, Jensen P10R, PM12U, Utah (something), Weber Ceramic 15" Michigan, Celestion 12" Century Vintage (neo) pair - 16ohm
  • Weber MiniMASS 50W with 1/4" line out $125
  • Roland JX-305 Groovesynth - $350
  • Hughes & Kettner BK200 bass amp with rolling bag - $350

More and updated prices to come. Hit me up and don't be shy about offers, peeps. I'll get on interested pieces first.

Also, if anyone has leads or connections for rental housing or employment opps in the Rochester, NY area, I'm all ears. Sales (big corp and small biz), music background.

Ben

Edited by ben.

Ben,

Sorry to hear about this. You have a lot of great gear, and I would be interested in it if I were in a little better shape financially myself. I am interested in the VPI 16.5 (depending on the price), and would be interested in your vinyl but I doubt I could do the whole lot, plus I live in FL.

Mike

• Like 1

Ben,

Sorry to hear about this. You have a lot of great gear, and I would be interested in it if I were in a little better shape financially myself. I am interested in the VPI 16.5 (depending on the price), and would be interested in your vinyl but I doubt I could do the whole lot, plus I live in FL.

Mike

Just sent you a PM, Mike. VPI 16.5 listed at $450 now with the extras. They are $650 new?! Wow. Great machine, though.

Thanks everyone for the support and interest so far! This is a very positive step for me. Gear can be replaced, and I need to lighten my load and raise money to be able to have more freedom of choice. It's all good!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I will strike through sold items - good idea and thank you.

Got a bit of a queue for the Mc30. I've got the PMs mentioned here - and will go in order. Here are the pics I snapped today. Not great shots, but hopefully they are of some use.

post-8539-0-69000000-1383887004_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-16840000-1383887018_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-08320000-1383887042_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-57720000-1383887055_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-45480000-1383887073_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-63360000-1383887088_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-86560000-1383887099_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-15200000-1383887116_thumb.jp

post-8539-0-05800000-1383887126_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear you have to part with your gear! I'm not surprised you have a list of folks interested in the MC-30 that was a smoking deal! Good luck!

Heh.. yeah I may have a left a little on the table with that one. Happy to have them go to a good home, though.

The Altec 290 midrange drivers - 16 or 8 ohm? And are they using the phenolic diaphragms??

I believe they are all 8 ohm. All phenolic per 290 spec. Excellent question. Any other phragm and you're crossing over too high to play really well with the K bins. I'll do my best to check on the details tomorrow. Thanks!

The Altec 290 midrange drivers - 16 or 8 ohm? And are they using the phenolic diaphragms??

I believe they are all 8 ohm. All phenolic per 290 spec. Excellent question. Any other phragm and you're crossing over too high to play really well with the K bins. I'll do my best to check on the details tomorrow. Thanks!

Yeah, these were my other options in lieu of the JBL 2482 drivers. I need 16 ohm however. I did get the 2482's and they sound grand (using Al Ks' steep slope crossover) with Dave Hoovers Elliptrac horn. But I thought if these were available and correct why not have them too???