What an interesting email

NOSValves

Talk about laughing so hard I cried... I've known about this for ages but it just seems to keep coming back.

Dear Mr. Ostby,

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXX, and I am assisting in the representation of Richardson Electronics, Ltd. in the above referenced lawsuit. Based on some cursory internet research, it appears that you had some relationship to Ryan Inman through different audio forums several years ago. Ryan Inman has sued Richardson Electronics alleging that our client’s vacuum tubes exposed him to mercury which led to his suffering from mercury poisoning. We are attempting to gather information on a possible use of vacuum tubes that would result in such an extreme exposure to mercury that would lead to Mr. Inman’s alleged injuries. We would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. If there is someone who may be more knowledgeable as to Mr. Inman’s use of vacuum tubes, I would greatly appreciate it if you could advise me of the identity of that person. Please contact me if you have any questions,

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by NOSValves

Isn't chelation therapy a cure for mercury poisoning? I understand it is a bit hard on the kidneys and/or liver, but it is 100% effective if I'm not mistaken. Once the heavy metals are abated, the treatment of the symptoms is addressed. I suppose if you had bad kidneys or liver it would be risky.

I remember hearing about chelation therapy years ago. Apparently it was used to treat the many people who had lead poisoning and arsenic poisoning from WWII. There are some who theorize that the abatement of iron from the system reduces plaque buildup in arteries. Who knows....

edit: I found this: http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2012/11/chelation-therapy-could-do-more-harm-than-good/ and this http://www.heart-advisor.com/issues/16_6/features/chelation-therapy_1164-1.html#.UnzlR3C-rJI.

Edited by mustang guy

Ryan Inman may very well have Mercury posioning but he is more likely to have acquired it from a 100% diet of canned tuna then from the tubes "HE" has handled over his short slimey tube audio restoration career....well unless he decided to eat the very few Mercury Vapor rectifier he has actually handled over his short life span so far.

Just about all defendants in this case were released because they proved they never sold him a tube that contained Mercury. Heck some of the defendant never sold him a tube of any sort! One of the defendants is a very good friend of mine and he spent $9K in lawyer fees to get released.

So folks the next time you buy tubes realize the part of the price you pay was because of good old Ryan Inman and his crazy shake the trees hoping someone pays him to go away money grab lawsuit.

Edited by NOSValves

Ryan Inman may very well have Mercury posioning but he is more likely to have acquired it from a 100% diet of canned tuna then from the tubes "HE" has handled over his short slimey tube audio restoration career....well unless he decided to eat the very few Mercury Vapor rectifier he has actually handled over his short life span so far.

Just about all defendants in this case were released because they proved they never sold him a tube that contained Mercury. Heck some of the defendant never sold him a tube of any sort! One of the defendants is a very good friend of mine and he spent $9K in lawyer fees to get released.

So folks the next time you buy tubes realize the part of the price you pay was because of good old Ryan Inman and his crazy shake the trees hoping someone pays him to go away money grab lawsuit.

I too was screwed by Inman. More con artist than technician.

What was he doing breaking mercury tubes open and licking the mercury? I have friends that have been building with mercury vapor tubes for 15 years and they are just fine.