Experimenting Scott A1610..you guys made me do it!

quakana

LOL....so reading and experimenting with 2 channel instead of using my AVR to power my RF-7ii's I ran across this unit for $40 on craigs list.

I would say I heard a huge difference from what I was using (Yamaha RX-V890) and this thing has some POWER!

Its not at all perfect but for 40 bucks I would say it was worth it. I also found (didn't buy) an old Sansui QRX-5500 for 150 on craigslist and might try it for the hell of it

Pay no attn to the EQ settings I'm still playing around with them

Tomorrow my peachtree DAC comes in and I cant wait to see if it will make a difference it will be

Apple Lossless files wireless -----DAC----Scott A1610.

Anyway until I get some $$ I'm experimenting with older 2 channel stuff for now...it's fun!

post-57519-0-62800000-1383875918_thumb.j

Edited by quakana

I like the "OLD STUFF" myself. Most of the stereo equip I own is old stuff. Just because it's old does not mean it is substandard to today's equip. We use a Marantz Quadrophonic instead of the surround sound for both TV and Stereo in one of the living rooms. I won't say it is better. But I will say we like it a lot better.

For 150 I would probably jump on it if I could. Sansui; Vintage:1973-1975 Retail new: 700.00 $

I'm sure you know the Sansui QRX-5500 is Quadrophonic .

This can become an expensive Hobby/Habit, but I like it.

:D Taz

• Like 1

You think the A1610 makes your RF's sing get a Scott or Fisher or ? rebuilt tube amp with 20 to 30 watts and truly have a "musical" experience. You won't do it for $40 but as in most things you get what you pay for. In your case so far you are ahead of the game on this one LOL!!!

Unless you are a wall shaker to get your thrills kind of listener the RF series speakers do not need the mega power that is usually mentioned as the only way for music....RF series speakers sound awesome with tubes! "Quailty" tube amplifier in the 40 to 60 watt per channel range will push them damn well for the guys that like to crank it up.

Edited by NOSValves

I

You think the A1610 makes your RF's sing get a Scott or Fisher or ? rebuilt tube amp with 20 to 30 watts and truly have a "musical" experience. You won't do it for $40 but as in most things you get what you pay for. In your case so far you are ahead of the game on this one LOL!!!

Unless you are a wall shaker to get your thrills kind of listener the RF series speakers do not need the mega power that is usually mentioned as the only way for music....RF series speakers sound awesome with tubes! "Quailty" tube amplifier in the 40 to 60 watt per channel range will push them damn well for the guys that like to crank it up.

I second that opinion. I was very dissapointed with my RF-7II's until I hooked them up to some tubes and wow what a difference. Someone told me so. Hmmm.