WakeJunkie is just a little excited about his new RF-7ii's

Youthman

• Moderators

Wake and his family arrived this afternoon and we had some time to spend listening to his new speakers...the RF-7ii's. Due to crossover settings and the fact that I have hardwood floors in the living room, the RF-7ii's really slam when you crank them up. It was awesome watching him grin from ear to ear as I fed them more power. I think he was shocked at how much bass they have without a subwoofer.

I think he's more excited about his speakers than he is about the cruise we are all going on together. LOL

He will be helping me lay some stone work on the outside of my house and install the new custom angled mounts for the RS-62ii's but I'm sure we will have more time tomorrow afternoon to listen to music and demo some HT scenes. He wants to see what the RSW-15 can do.

Book of Eli is a great demo movie. It just has a nice bass track. Tranformers, Iron Man and The Avengers is also nice for demo. Avatar is good but, for me not a go to movies for LFE demo. I notice a big difference going from hardwood floor to a fully carpeted room. I kinda like a reverbrant room, lol. The window and floor made my room louder than normal and great for LFE.

Edited by derrickdj1

I'm thinking a good LFE scene is in the original Transformers where Ironhide flips over Megan Fox and fires his jet packs at the ground. Very low LFE there.

I'm thinking that anytime that Megan Fox is flipped over, that would be a good scene :D

Just thinking what a shame that WJ is getting all pumped about the RF-7iis ; Have you told him about the raffle yet? I guess that he has as good a chance as the rest of us.

Ron

• Moderators

He is aware that his Denon might not provide as much of an impact without an amp but he will at least have a reference of what it does sound like with an amp. If does decide to add an amp, he will need to upgrade his receiver because it does not have preamps.

Wake and his wife were absolutely thrilled with the performance of the RF-7ii's both in the living room in a 2ch configuration and in the HT in a 7.1 configuration. His wife spent most of the day streaming from her iPhone through the Apple Airport Express. One comment she made was, "I'm impressed". Wake just smiled and said, "That's my girl". :D

• Like 1

He is aware that his Denon might not provide as much of an impact without an amp but he will at least have a reference of what it does sound like with an amp. If does decide to add an amp, he will need to upgrade his receiver because it does not have preamps.

Wake and his wife were absolutely thrilled with the performance of the RF-7ii's both in the living room in a 2ch configuration and in the HT in a 7.1 configuration. His wife spent most of the day streaming from her iPhone through the Apple Airport Express. One comment she made was, "I'm impressed". Wake just smiled and said, "That's my girl". :D

If you can get the wives interested in this hobby that is a great thing and smooths the road for future purchases! The system has to be easy enough to use for the whole family.

Edited by derrickdj1

What gave it away? I thought I hid my excitement pretty well until my body broke out into the happy dance without my consent...

Ok...these things are simply amazing works of art.

Stunning both visually and audibly.

My wife LOVES her music. When I built her bathroom I put a Klipsch ceiling speaker and mounted a Sub in the ceiling if that gives you any idea. She was completely impressed with the RF-7ii's. She tested with the NAD amp in Youths living room for at least 2 hours. When I came back in from mounting Youths RS-62ii's she just nodded her head and smiled declaring her satisfaction. As far a the amp goes....I posted in my build thread my concern and have significant experience in the pro-audio world so I actually expect to be underwhelmed with this system when I connect it to my Denon AVR-791. I hope I am wrong, but if not Hopefully my wife will be equally underwhelmed and help me spring for the receiver and amp these babies deserve sooner rather than later.

By the way...Youths 2-channel setup in his living room is the most impressive 2-Channel I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing!

I was really impressed with the Acurus 200x3 over the NAD an Parasound.

I would go into more detail, but my alarm just went off and I have to go get on a cruise to the Bahamas.

By the way...Youths 2-channel setup in his living room is the most impressive 2-Channel I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing!

I was really impressed with the Acurus 200x3 over the NAD an Parasound.

I would go into more detail, but my alarm just went off and I have to go get on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Wake,

That does not surprise me at all about the Acurus. They are very difficult to beat for bass drive and detail at their price point.

Let Michael know that that his soon to be Acurus A250 is driving my RB-35's as I type and it is seriously moving a pair of 8 inch woofers with authority.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

What gave it away? I thought I hid my excitement pretty well until my body broke out into the happy dance without my consent...

Ok...these things are simply amazing works of art.

Stunning both visually and audibly.

My wife LOVES her music. When I built her bathroom I put a Klipsch ceiling speaker and mounted a Sub in the ceiling if that gives you any idea. She was completely impressed with the RF-7ii's. She tested with the NAD amp in Youths living room for at least 2 hours. When I came back in from mounting Youths RS-62ii's she just nodded her head and smiled declaring her satisfaction. As far a the amp goes....I posted in my build thread my concern and have significant experience in the pro-audio world so I actually expect to be underwhelmed with this system when I connect it to my Denon AVR-791. I hope I am wrong, but if not Hopefully my wife will be equally underwhelmed and help me spring for the receiver and amp these babies deserve sooner rather than later.

Glad you love them. Klipsch hit a home run on these speakers. They sound and look amazing :D .

As far as your avr, i think it will work on 80% of the things you will use them for. But those parts in moves that demand power to all your 7 channels might be hard. Imo they sound better set to large than they do x over at 80. But with your set up i would go up to 80 or even 100 to help. I think some of the low dips are in the low end range. But if you want the best out of them then your going to need a power amp. And i would say that even with what you had before.

Bill, your the reason I ever wanted a 63 setup. Maybe I should take your advice and you could help me find an acurus 3 channel for the 63's once their back. Lol

I know i would :D . In fact i have and will again im sure. Imo the best person for advise on somthing is someone who has owned it. I don't know anyone who has owned more amps than bill.

Bill, your the reason I ever wanted a 63 setup. Maybe I should take your advice and you could help me find an acurus 3 channel for the 63's once their back. Lol

Scrappy,

Here you go.

http://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/146412-audio-gear-garage-sale/

A200x3 -- 200 watts per channel, 3 channels - $450. Condition excellent.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1