Missed my attachement, does anyone recognize these?

takeflight12

Harry was in Indiana, and built his Cornwall/Chorus, which he called a Wallrus. If you can get these for $20, I would RUN and pick them up NOW! Makes me wonder how Harry is doing. Here's from one of his posts:

K-600 throated, Atlas PD-5VH mids, Crites CW1526 cast woofs, Crites CT-125 tweets, modded B-2 to fit the Atlas, Cornwall cabinet volume with cut down port size that brought out the monster bass from the cast woofs. Super efficient now. Barely crank the volume up 1 notch. I haven't been able to turn it up past 9:00 o'clock. I'm not going to damage my hearing just showing off. At that volume I can shake the gravel out of my cactus and move the pictures on the walls.(who says tubes ain't got no balls)

I did find out just using the Cornwall cabinet volume didn't mean you could build a pair of Cornwalls that would fit my room which was my original intention. EVERYTHING changed when the cabinet changed form. Even with the same cabinet volume. The lower shelf also went through major changes. This hasn't been a rip and assemble process by any means. I used a lot of computer programs for cabinet design and they were basically useless. A lot of trial and error. But progress and knowledge have been gained. Plus I'm building them myself. The design continues. I'm still making progress and I'm changing to a different design on the horns later.

I love them the way they are. I couldn't ask for a better speaker for the room and my ears. I just WANT MORE!!!!! With a bit of hard work and a bit more knowledge I may just achieve my goal. Then I have to start over on the next design. And maybe the next. It's just a different form of audio love.

And a big note of thanks to Bob Crites here. He worked with me on many steps in the original build. I went through over a dozen motorboards and different horn combos until I made them fit this room. Bob was there anytime I needed advice, suggestions, help, or parts. I couldn't ask for better than Bob. A+ in my book.

The name. Bailey Wallrus II. Serial # s 1 & 2. I've built 3 more pairs of these I've sold to people who have heard them. These are my originals beat up, finishing flaws, etc. But I'm very happy with the sound.

HarryO

Harry Bailey

HarryOstereo

Indianapolis, In 46227

post-5045-0-84640000-1383933911_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel