PIcs not loading

• Administrators

You'll need to resize and/or optimize the photos before you upload here if they are too big. The forum will not optimize the photos for you*. There is a 2MB limit per photo.

Otherwise, you can use one of the tons of free photo hosting sites that are out there. Flickr, Photobucket, etc.

* Edited for clarification:

The forum will not optimize post attachments for you (it does however create the thumbnail image).

However, the gallery does resize and compress uploaded photos. The photo you upload still must be 2MB or smaller in file size.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Just trying something, didn't work that one was little over 800 kb.

Everyone have a 100MB total file upload limit for posts and PMs. Your attachments (including the ones migrated in from the old forums) currently total 190MB. I think that's why you are unable to attach files at this time.

I wish I could raise the quota right now, but we have over 34,000 members. It's not likely to happen ever, but imagine if every member used their 100MB quota. That would take up over 3 Terabytes (or over 3000 GB) of disk space on our server. We just don't have that kind of space at the moment.

The only thing I can suggest is swap out some of your old attachments. Or I could delete them for you. I realize neither of those options is optimal, but I'm not sure what else I can offer.

Some silver lining in this: the next version of this forum software supposedly allows storing attachment files in external CDN containers (instead of physical disks which have finite capacity). That would be great as we wouldn't need to worry as much about the total amount of data being stored, and we'd be able to raise the per-member quota considerably.

• Like 1

I didn't realize I had the many file attachments, could you delete some for me. I would think anything before lets say May, the rest I have I my comp so I could email them if anyone had any questions. But I take poor quality pointless pics most of the time any ways so I am not emotionally attached to them like some folks are. Do some members delete as they go, cause I have seem some that keep posting pics or files daily. Or is it that their photo size or file size is just a lot smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing I noticed. One of my threads that came from the old forum had several pics in it. When it switched over, each pic was attatched 3 times in each post. i wonder if that's artificially elevating our picture storage number. I could also post pics up till a few days ago.

Chad, here's what I mean. Take a look at this thread, I haven't fixed it yet. This is transferred from the old forum. For some reason all my thumbnails are doubled. they were tripled in another one. I wonder if this is why i can't post pics now?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/120571-diy-sub-for-klipschorn-based-ht-and-music-tuba-ht-build-done-except-for-finish/page-7