Custom Mounts for my RS-62ii (Designed by Wake Junkie)

Youthman

• Moderators

Wake Junkie and his family made it safely to Florida. Before heading out on our cruise, we spent the morning adding stone work to the front of my house by the garage and mounting the RS-62ii custom mounts that he made and brought with him.

Check these out! They are super simple in design but absolutely stunning when hung. He used a French Cleat design for the mounts to "hang" onto the metal mounting bracket. He left a large slot in the top so we could easily stuff extra speaker wire in behind the speaker. They are angled down at 26 degrees which aims them right at the front row (something my previous RB-35's were missing). The mounts were spray painted and then wet sanded with 800 grit sandpaper to give it a super finished look. One thing that really makes these a clean install is he made the mounts slightly smaller than the actual speaker so they are recessed behind the speaker. I just wanted to brag on Wake's mad handiman skills.

Here are some pics of mounts.

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-1.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-2.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-3.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-4.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-5.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-6.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-7.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-8.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-9.jpg

Klipsch-RS-62-Mounts-10.jpg

• Moderators

Wake is truly gifted. The custom mounts were made from extra wood he had laying around in his workshop.

Although adding Surround Backs isn't night and day difference, we both agree they are a nice addition to Youthman's HT, both audibly and cosmetically. A HUGE thanks to Wake for building these for me and helping me with adding stone work on the front of my house.

A HUGE thanks to Wake for building these for me and helping me with adding stone work on the front of my house.

And and not so HUGE thanks to Willland for his "vision" of the design. :) Without that "vision", Wake would have been dead in the water. ;):D

Of course I am delirious at 4 hours past my bedtime but all kidding aside, Wake appears to be a crafting genius that can take a mere idea and make it reality in almost a split second. Great job both visually and functionally.

I hope you guys and your families have a blast on the cruise and don't get seasick. :emotion-41:

Bill

Thanks guys. I am thrilled that Youth is happy with them.

As you can see I only finished out the surfaces that would be visible when mounted. Unless you are over 9ft tall or standing on the seats, the sides are all you can see. 3 primer coats, then wet sanded 360 down to 800, then a finish coat of paint on the now perfectly smooth surface.

As for the " workation" I am not a person who relaxes for fun. That's the only part about a cruise I don't like...downtime. Youth is my best friend and truly like a brother to me. I feel God has gifted me with great talents. If I can hang with my best friend and share my gifts, then I call that a great day

Thanks Willland, this is definitely better than the duck tape and bailing wire idea I had. ;-)

Youth is my best friend and truly like a brother to me. I feel God has gifted me with great talents. If I can hang with my best friend and share my gifts, then I call that a great day

Amen to all that.

Thanks Willland, this is definitely better than the duck tape and bailing wire idea I had. ;-)

Your welcome, but I have seen your work(in photos) and I know better than that. If you did use duct tape and baling, no one would ever know it.

Bill

• Like 1

A HUGE thanks to Wake for building these for me and helping me with adding stone work on the front of my house.

And and not so HUGE thanks to Willland for his "vision" of the design. :) Without that "vision", Wake would have been dead in the water. ;):D

And here I thought I was the one with the "vision" of the design:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/69941-a-simple-wall-mount-bracket-for-heresy-center-or-other-speaker/

So let's share... I thought of the design, you suggested applying it here.

But I suggested that to angle them down first!

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/146541-considering-71what-would-you-do/page-2#entry1663201

:lol:

Edited by psg