New Car Shopping

BEC

Well, time to go look for a new car. My 2007 Lincoln Town Car is dirty, probably will need a battery this winter since it is almost 7 years old and it has 36,000 miles on it. Probably the best car I have ever owned. So, they don't make the Town Car any more or I would probably buy another one. Going shopping today, not sure what to buy.

post-7208-0-11640000-1384014054_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The new Chevy Impala is redesigned and gets high marks.

Honda Accord is a very good car.

My friend has a ford Fusion, its a nice looking car and i like it though I'm not a Ford guy myself.

Take a few cars for a test drive, nothing on the market will be anything like your town car but sometimes change is a good thing.

If you need something bigger check out the Dodge charger or Durango.

OK, I am back from car shopping. Got that job done. 2014 Dodge Charger RT Max is in the place previously occupied by the Lincoln Town Car.

Chargers are nice, but having grown up with '68-'69 Chargers as 2-doors, a 4-door Charter just never sat right with me.

Come to think of it, why are there so few coupes available at all any more?

OK, I am back from car shopping. Got that job done. 2014 Dodge Charger RT Max is in the place previously occupied by the Lincoln Town Car.

Chargers are nice, but having grown up with '68-'69 Chargers as 2-doors, a 4-door Charter just never sat right with me.

Come to think of it, why are there so few coupes available at all any more?

What you want is the Challenger. About the same car as the Charger, but is a 2-door.

• Like 1

great choice bob! i was gonna suggest a chrysler 300.

I actually wanted a Chrysler 300 C. Just could not find one with the equipment I wanted. Of course, the charger and Chrysler 300 are the same car. Just different sheet metal.

Nice. Did the salesman rattle those calculator keys trying to get you to add all the options? Jealous.

JJK

I bought all of it. Up to and including the heated and cooled cup holders.

Good option, gotta keep that beer cold while out for that weekend roadtrip.

370 HP and a 5 speed transmission should get you around town nicely.

Very sharp looking car

What you want is the Challenger. About the same car as the Charger, but is a 2-door.

Might be similar today, but in '69 they were very different.

I do like the retro look of the new Challenger. Interestingly enough, last time I checked you could only get a limited-slip rear diff with the automatic transmission -- not with the stick shift.

Very nice. Design wise one of my favorite modern cars. No comparison to the ride in that Lincoln, but it will handle a damn site better and it will get there quicker. I think the only domestic cars out there with close to the old school ride are the larger Cadillac's. My father has been looking, and has driven everything available in this town. He is still looking...

Congratulations Bob--i didn't get a chance to put in a plug for BMW. Bought a 528i last February and love it. Love it so much that I drive WAY too much now--literally drive for entertainment, so i'm racking up the miles...on pace for about 25,000 per year--guess that isn't all that much; but, when 85% of that is done just for fun, it's a lot. Enjoy it and drive safe.