wtb klipsch cf-3, cf4, klf-20, klf-30 or chorus

ducks75

Hi I am in the market for a pair of klipsch cf-3 or 4's, klf-20 or 30's or chorus 1 or 2's. I would like the cabinets to be in good shape and in a cherry, walnut or black color I live in Portland Oregon but will drive to Washington, Idaho, northern California. Please let me know if anyone is looking to unload a pair of these thanks.

You have picked some different yet similar sonic footprints, each with their own unique sound. And all of the picks right popular around here. Each one is a heavy hitter if need be so, what are you wanting to listen to may help you with answers. What are you going to power the speakers with?

The search facility up top with ideas like Chorus versus Chorus 2 for instance will bring up some lively discussions. The site here has some archives speaking to each type speaker. Virtually all, it is safe to say, speakers here as well as receivers,etc. are addressed on specific topics.

That sounds like a very good deal on those Cornwalls. IMHO, not having much experience with the Epic Series, the Cornwalls are a better sounding speaker overall than those you have listed. That is based on me having the other speakers listed at one time or another. If you have the room, the Corns are hard to beat. Good luck with your search.

The Rotel should do nicely. Tubes not necessary but much liked by Klipsch speaker fans. If wanted you should definitely include the Cornwall speakers in your list. Some prefer the Chorus/Chorus 2 for their sound.

If you have not researched or heard some of these Klipsch speakers, you can click on the Klipsch.com at the toppish left of the page and then type in each speaker, press enter to get into the specs, and reviews on each.

The cf's or Epic series are 2 way speaker, while the rest are 3 way you are considering.

Thanks for all the help guys. I mainly listen to rock, classic rock, and some Celtic music (yes ino wierd combo) lol. I also am looking at arotel amp combo would that pair with klipsch speakers nicely or do I need tubes? Thanks guys and jmon I pm you.

I don’t see what you’re listening to as weird. A lot of us listen to everything. I listen to Celtic and Bluegrass, Rachmaninoff and Mendelssohn, Tool to KD Lang – just not all at once.

I’m not going to get into which speaker is better. I have a few of what you’re looking for, but a test by me would be tainted in that some are modified while others are series two. I do like one over the other, depending on what I’m listening to. The sound will be determined be the room, the amp and, most of all, you, the listener.

Although I want to get into tubes, you don’t have to have them. I do, however, like the sound of solid state over digital, a lot. Like others have said: I would put the Cornwall on the list. Also, unless your listening area is real large, I would recommend the Forte be heard before you buy.