On line dating

oscarsear

Just remember the half plus 8 rule. Divide your age in half and add 8 years. That is the youngest lady you should date according to social acceptability. The problem with that is that if you marry a lady exactly half plus 8, she will fall below that threshold in 2 years or less. I suppose that means you can only stay married 2 years. :D

Check your math.

HAHA! You're right!

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

What do you say to a women who you meet for the first time after all the online hoopla and she turns out to be really ugly?

JJK

I've got two bags in the car. Let's go.

You guys are bad, bad, bad. I am very surprised by one trend I've experienced several times. Of course the posted photo's are cherry picked - you'd expect that. But on many occasions the prospects show up for the 1st meeting sans any makeup (or very little) and as frumpy as one could imagine. They not only look bad but they look about as bad as possible, intentionally. So I asked a female friend about this. Her take? The ladies want you to accept them au natural, that you should want them not as a painted up hussy but in their more typical presentation. Well, no - I understand that we're all rather ancient, but when you go out and meet somebody you should ALWAYs seek to look your best. It just tells me they're not interested in their looks and expect me to not care. Well, in a way - they're right......... I do not care - to see them anymore.

This is really an interesting topic. Thanks for your take on this. God willing, I hope to never have to use a dating site.

Although it's a totally different dynamic, my oldest daughter met her husband at an online dating site. Christianmingle I believe. Originally it's like shopping for a car. Find things you like, weed out the things you don't. Find a list of possible prospects and narrow your search further.

My online stuff started with simple chats with folks. Had some interesting conversations. My wife had not been able to get on the site where we met. She had been a member, but had trouble logging on, so hadn't tried for a month or so. When she tried one day, she was able, and had an email from me. The rest is history.

Bruce

Had a really ugly girlfriend once. No hope for it, she was just ugly. But when the lights were out you couldn't tell the difference, and otherwise she sure was fun. She scared me away when she said she wanted AT LEAST 13 kids.

Ugly women need love too.

Taz

Okay, an update......... I just knew you were all waiting for any updates. Had lunch with a gal yesterday. Her website picture - was 8 years ago - she now admits. But she was at least not fat. The real irony here was her name. She had the same exact 1st and last name of another lady I'd was seeing earlier. Creepy.

Having coffee later today with a gal who seems as crazy about music as me. She once worked for Infinity Speakers. I am intrigued. She knows what 'clipping' a speaker means. Hmmmmmmm

Having coffee later today with a gal who seems as crazy about music as me. She once worked for Infinity Speakers. I am intrigued. She knows what 'clipping' a speaker means. Hmmmmmmm

So? How did it go?

Omelets, her house - tomorrow morning, I'm cooking..................

Sounds like things went well! Best of luck.

Lunch tomorrow - looks promising.

This could be the BIG opportunity for Oscar. Let's give him some help guys. I'll go first.

1. Tuck your napkin in your shirt collar....she will think you are sophisticated!

2. While still at the table after your meal....offer her the toothpick first...she will think you are polite.

Edited by Tarheel

Proceeding with caution.............. being afforded lot's of leeway (ahem)............. leery that I'm being offered enough rope to hang myself with............. trying to tell myself 'not' to over-think the conundrums or sweat the small stuff. Relax, breathe deep, enjoy the ride and the scenery, smell the roses..............