Double bass bin LS for center

mustang guy

Been a while since I've posted... My son and I, Me Loves Hereseys, moved some of our speakers around. He now has my Khorns up front for his room and we took our 2 LaScalas and put them on side and put tv on top of it. Now Heresy's do back duty. We have only had it hooked up for a short time, but it sounds amazing!!! The sound from the front with 2 Khorns and LS's singing from the front, is simple perfection!!!!

Been a while since I've posted... My son and I, Me Loves Hereseys, moved some of our speakers around. He now has my Khorns up front for his room and we took our 2 LaScalas and put them on side and put tv on top of it. Now Heresy's do back duty. We have only had it hooked up for a short time, but it sounds amazing!!! The sound from the front with 2 Khorns and LS's singing from the front, is simple perfection!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. The only question is, how do you hook this up? With two centers, using two amp channels and an RCA splitter to feed them makes the best sense. The loss in signal from the RCA split would be made up by doubling the center speaker. This configuration would only work with pre-pro, and not with a regular receiver. If you have a regular receiver, then I'm not sure how you would hook it up. The impedance would be screwed up, and I'm not sure what wiring serial/parallel using speakers with networks does to impedance anyway.

• Like 1

With two centers, using two amp channels and an RCA splitter to feed them makes the best sense. The loss in signal from the RCA split would be made up by doubling the center speaker.

What loss in signal? Both amp channels will get the same input voltage without any drop.

With two centers, using two amp channels and an RCA splitter to feed them makes the best sense. The loss in signal from the RCA split would be made up by doubling the center speaker.

What loss in signal? Both amp channels will get the same input voltage without any drop.

I always thought it was split. I guess it is actually current that is split. Is neither true?