Anyone ever see LaScalas like these?

NBPK402

But it has the LaScala logo too.... Not to mention the crossovers look way different then I have seen before. It appears they have been heavily modified but stuck with the old style caps. The transformer is huge!

Edited by ellisr63

Looks like a great buy. Totally Klipsch....FTW. Right down to the badges. :emotion-21:

What's that you say? It's not stock? Home brew?

GTFO

We all know the stock La Scala horn sucks. The filter network sucks. The bass bin cabinetry and K-33 suck. The tweeter sucks.

Look...it's got glass hermitically-sealed PIO caps, entirely assembled and offered by someone who clearly knows what they are doing. It HAS to sound great.

Hmmm? No takers from the forum? Afraid of a "La Scala" after a nip / tuck and a boob job?

Now, I wonder why that could be? <_<

• Like 1

HR-90 horns that I sanded down to the right size to fit the La Scala tops. First I replaced the K-400 with the Fastracs; a huge improvement. Later I wanted to go two-way and installed these EV's with 18-sound 1.4 inch neo drivers that go all the way to 20K with minor EQ.

Used active two-way they sound very direct and coherent, used passive with K55-V drivers, CT125 tweeter and ALK universal filters they sound smooth and very refined.

Biggest difference is the way they "get the sound into the room" , the EV's win hands down and are able to project a better and bigger soundstage.

The La Scala's are replaced since last week by my latest project; modded "University Classic S-8 " hornsystem.

Nico

post-33317-0-01780000-1384800103_thumb.j

• Like 1