PM ISSUE

CECAA850

If I log into the forum and go straight to my private messages, the drop down opens and I gat the revolving load symbol (circled spinning arrow). The PM's never load. I have to go into a forum category (2 channel, garage sale etc) and then go to PM's to read the mail. Is this normal?

Thanks, Carl

Edited by Chad
added tag

• Administrators

If I log into the forum and go straight to my private messages, the drop down opens and I gat the revolving load symbol (circled spinning arrow). The PM's never load. I have to go into a forum category (2 channel, garage sale etc) and then go to PM's to read the mail. Is this normal?

Thanks, Carl

No, it's not normal. Could be a database optimization issue. I'll look into it. Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

• Administrators

yeah mine is doing it too. and i have info i need out of my pm's BAD! its been doing it for a about a week. huge pain

So you can't get into your PMs at all? Even if you click on your name in the upper-right, then "Personal Messenger?"

• Like 1

• Administrators

OK... It could be because all search engine spider crawling was being logged, which puts extra strain on the MySQL server. I disabled that, so it may work better now.

Non-tech answer: Please try again. :ph34r:

• Like 1

It's fine with that link. I can always get to my messages but never directly on the screen that pops up when I log it. I have to select a category, click it, go to that page and then my PM's are available, if that makes sense. Otherwise I just get the circling timer icon.

• Administrators

Hmmm.. that link is the link that you go to when you click "Personal Messenger" after you click on your name in the upper-right of the page and get the dropdown menu. Is that menu not working for you?

post-1-0-74920000-1384373513_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

It's the messenger "envelope" symbol at the top right hand side of the main screen.

Yes, I understand that's not working for you. I was just giving you a different option to get to your PMs.

I can't remember - what web browser are you using?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the time it spins on me too. As a matter of fact I just received a reply from a person I PMed last week who said he couldn't get into his due to the spinning arrow thing. I use Chrome browser. I can get in through the back door or click on the email notification link, but the Notifications also spins most of the time from the main forum window.

• 2 weeks later...