Forum Restructuring (or, "Whoa! Where did my post(s) go?")

Chad

Oops, someone didn't like the combo-hometheatersub category. Looks like we really can't please everyone. Who knew??! ;)

I was just making a comment / suggestion of my personal opinion. Do you not want input from the forum? I doubt I'm alone with the consolidation of the two sections.

Happy Tuesday! :)

Of course we do! My only point is we'll change it for one group then the other will be upset. It's a no-win, really.

The best we can do is get close

Showing my ignorance (as usual!). Which group was upset by the separate subwoofer category?

No one was upset, but we've gotten some good feedback on the consolidation: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/146733-less-is-better/

Architectural has averaged about one thread a week for the life of the category. Shouldn't it have gotten sucked up into something else?

• Administrators

Architectural has averaged about one thread a week for the life of the category. Shouldn't it have gotten sucked up into something else?

Believe me, I considered it ;-)

Honestly, as Amy said, it doesn't matter what we do, some people will like it, some won't. It's just how it is.

The good news is, all members have the ability to create polls in our forums if you want to get a feel of others' opinions on something.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The only other thing I really need to say on this is, if you look at some of our competitors' forums (those that still have them) and their rules, you'll find that we all have it quite good here. B)

(cough rhymes with yolk for instance cough)

• Like 1

The only other thing I really need to say on this is, if you look at some of our competitors' forums (those that still have them) and their rules, you'll find that we all have it quite good here. B)

Agreed.

You guys are doing a great job.

I dug deep into my pocket and found another 2 cents.

Seems like the subwoofer category needs its own section. There were a lot of posts there, mostly projects that were very interesting. If you do not want to create a whole new category, a "subwoofer build" section under mods should make everyone happy, and maybe a "retail subwoofer" section under HT or 2 channel.

Then there is the Palladium section. Very little traffic at all, BUT, if someone is looking to buy a pair, a forum where they can read all about them is probably reallly important as part of the advertising machine. Maybe create and pin a thread or two with a bunch of technical info and reviews. This is very important when selling $10,000 to $20,000 speakers. People want to read about where they are spendign this much cash and connect with others who do the same.

That said, I am honestly impressed with your work. This is comming from soemone who has not been impressed with a "new and improved" website or operating system in a very long time.

• Administrators

Then there is the Palladium section. Very little traffic at all, BUT, if someone is looking to buy a pair, a forum where they can read all about them is probably reallly important as part of the advertising machine. Maybe create and pin a thread or two with a bunch of technical info and reviews. This is very important when selling $10,000 to $20,000 speakers. People want to read about where they are spendign this much cash and connect with others who do the same.

We show (pro and consumer) reviews on all our product pages, including the Palladium products. I see you point about engaging in conversation with others about the products. This is why we edited the forum descriptions to try to include most product types to steer users into the right forums.

What I'd really like to do - and it's possible that this may happen sometime down the road (maybe, maybe not) is incorporate forum snippets into product pages, linking to the forums. To do that though, I think the tagging feature will need to be more widely used throughout the topics to help dynamic queries. Anyway, just thinking about it at this point. If we do something like that, it'll be far in the future.

• Like 1

• Administrators

So if we were to have a proper tag on our thread, when lurking customers click on these snippets they will be directed to threads pertaining to that product.

Theoretically speaking, yes.

• Like 1

• Chad locked this topic