Best Crossovers and Other Upgrades for Belles Driven by 2 Watt

Wolfbane

I've sold my beloved Cornwalls and replaced them with Klipsch Belles. These speakers are driven, some of the time, by my 2 watt per channel Yamamoto A08-S amp which uses EML 45 tubes.

My Cornwalls were upgraded with Bob Crites CT-125 tweeters and Bob's crossovers.

Now I'm considering upgrading the Belles and would like recommendations from those with more Klipsch Belle or crossover experience on what would sound best with these speakers for low power tube amps (I sometimes run my 16 WPC 211 Set Amps or 16 WPC EL-84 tube amp)?

TIA,

Wb

Yeah, but she's 13 now. We just made it to the semi-finals for the fourth year in a row at the largest flag football tournament in the country held annually at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Imagine over 2500 kids. She started playing when she was 10, and after six seasons (we go in Spring and Fall), she hung up her cleats to coach with me. When the League Director saw her on the field calling defensive plays (5th & 6th graders), he came over to tell me something I already knew, "She's amazing". Now my son is playing, and the comparisons are already beginning. Poor Ian, I feel bad for him. Temple was a hell of a player, and I always enjoyed listening to the young men in defensive huddles arguing over the best way to cover her -- spirited arguments that could be heard clear across the field. I would look over at Temple, often with her head down, kicking up dirt with her cleats, looking very much like a thouroubred ready for the gate.

post-1106-0-96460000-1384235542_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Sorry wolfbane, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. If you spend any amount of time around here, you'll quickly see we're a lot like family. There's normally a lot of private sharing, and it's normal for threads to go off on tangents. There's squabbling too - sometimes we poke each other in the eye, both deliberately and by accident.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

Sorry wolfbane, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. If you spend any amount of time around here, you'll quickly see we're a lot like family. There's normally a lot of private sharing, and it's normal for threads to go off on tangents. There's squabbling too - sometimes we poke each other in the eye, both deliberately and by accident.

Welcome to the forum!

Yah, my bad.

Yeah, but she's 13 now. We just made it to the semi-finals for the fourth year in a row at the largest flag football tournament in the country held annually at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Imagine over 2500 kids. She started playing when she was 10, and after six seasons (we go in Spring and Fall), she hung up her cleats to coach with me. When the League Director saw her on the field calling defensive plays (5th & 6th graders), he came over to tell me something I already knew, "She's amazing". Now my son is playing, and the comparisons are already beginning. Poor Ian, I feel bad for him. Temple was a hell of a player, and I always enjoyed listening to the young men in defensive huddles arguing over the best way to cover her -- spirited arguments that could be heard clear across the field. I would look over at Temple, often with her head down, kicking up dirt with her cleats, looking very much like a thouroubred ready for the gate.

Spoken like a proud father.

Welcome to the forum!

No problem I've two girls myself. A little older than yours.

I've sold my beloved Cornwalls and replaced them with Klipsch Belles. These speakers are driven, some of the time, by my 2 watt per channel Yamamoto A08-S amp which uses EML 45 tubes.

My Cornwalls were upgraded with Bob Crites CT-125 tweeters and Bob's crossovers.

Now I'm considering upgrading the Belles and would like recommendations from those with more Klipsch Belle or crossover experience on what would sound best with these speakers for low power tube amps (I sometimes run my 16 WPC 211 Set Amps or 16 WPC EL-84 tube amp)?

TIA,

Wb

I used to have Belles with a type A crossover, which I liked. I still use the 45 amps, but I have moved on to Klipschorns with an Altec Midrange and still use a Modified Type 'A'.

Simple is good.

lol. He takes the "it's my way or the highway approach". He takes a lot of heat for that. I give people latitude, since many have a good idea of what they want before they email, and well, I take a lot of heat for that. :) Ya just can't win.

Edited by DeanG