OK, where did it go?

CECAA850

no its just part of it. kind of dumb but hey, its whatever. i lose interest a little more everyday

It seemed that the forum was fine before but needed to be technologically brought up to date. The modernization is awesome. The new groupings...................meh.

• Moderators

Would adding the subwoofer category solve the problem? What else is wrong? Please, don't hold back. The forum is not set in stone. Wait, have I said that before?

But if you'd rather complain and not ask us to change anything, that's fine too. :)

i am just not real fond of change. that's all. we will all learn to adapt. that is what they teach us in the military after all. adapt and overcome. i just want the change to hurry and happen so i can adapt to one big new thing vs a bunch of little changes hear and there lol. happy veterans day everyone! from one vet to another!

OK, my 2 cents. As far as I'm concerned, the forum format was PERFECT before. The problem was that the software was old, buggy and had compatibility issues with different browsers. An update was overdue. I have no issues with the new look or how things work. I like the newness of it all, it's like it got a coat of fresh paint. I hate how things are randomly moved around albeit with good intentions. If I had my druthers, I'd have the new and improved software with all the categories as they were before the update broom swept through. I saw the need for the update, I didn't see the need for the reorganization.

Carl

i just want the change to hurry and happen so i can adapt to one big new thing vs a bunch of little changes hear and there lol.

The internet is an ever-changing beast. ;)

We're not talking about the internet, we're talking about this particular forum. Change is necessary to remain functional, we get that.

Chad, if you're married, go home tonight and change the location of all your dishes in the cupboards. Then go to the bedroom and move all your clothes from drawer to drawer. Be sure your wife is not home when you do it. Report back tomorrow on her reaction :o Some things work just fine the way they are.

Edited by CECAA850

• Administrators

Here's the thing... before we consolidated some forums into others, there were 26 visible sub-forums. Many of which had MAYBE an average of about 3 posts per month, if that. The old "powered subwoofer" forum was one of those.

These older sub-forums really didn't need to be separated out, based on activity. It makes sense to have things more simplified.

Now there are 15 visible forums.

Nothing that is being done here is random or done without a great deal of thought and purpose behind it.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Chad, if you're married, go home tonight and change the location of all your dishes in the cupboards. Then go to the bedroom and move all your clothes from drawer to drawer. Be sure your wife is not home when you do it. Report back tomorrow on her reaction :o Some things work just fine the way they are.

I'm married, but I do my own laundry.

• Like 1

Here's the thing... before we consolidated some forums into others, there were 26 visible sub-forums. Many of which had MAYBE an average of about 3 posts per month, if that. The old "powered subwoofer" forum was one of those.

These older sub-forums really didn't need to be separated out, based on activity. It makes sense to have things more simplified.

Now there are 15 visible forums.

Nothing that is being done here is random or done without a great deal of thought and purpose behind it.

If your data shows 3 posts per month in the powered subwoofer section then you have bad data.

• Administrators

If your data shows 3 posts per month in the powered subwoofer section then you have bad data.

I don't have time to go back and get the exact number. My point is that was one forum with minimal activity that was on the list to consolidate. If there is vocal majority of opposition to this, and we see that there is a need based on post activity, we will add a subwoofer sub-forum again.

• Like 1

Would adding the subwoofer category solve the problem? What else is wrong? Please, don't hold back. The forum is not set in stone. Wait, have I said that before?

But if you'd rather complain and not ask us to change anything, that's fine too. :)

Amy, I wasn't complaining when I started the thread, I just couldn't find the subwoofer section. Since you brought it up, 95% of the forum categories were fine before. Somehow it seemed like the most popular categories were on top, and descended in popularity as you went down the page (with a couple exceptions). My suggestion would be to take the old categories, run them down the page in popularity and meld the low traffic categories into some of the other categories.

• Administrators

Somehow it seemed like the most popular categories were on top, and descended in popularity as you went down the page (with a couple exceptions).

This is exactly one reason why things were restructured. People don't seem to want to scroll... with 20+ forums, there was a lot to get through.

• Like 1

I don't have time to go back and get the exact number. My point is that was one forum with minimal activity that was on the list to consolidate. If there is vocal majority of opposition to this, and we see that there is a need based on post activity, we will add a subwoofer sub-forum again.

It's hard to believe that the Pro-audio category had more traffic than the Subwoofer category.

• Administrators

It's hard to believe that the Pro-audio category had more traffic than the Subwoofer category.

I'm not sure there was, however we have the separate Pro Audio forum because it is linked from our Pro Audio website at http://www.klipsch.com/pro

• Like 1