Klipschorn mid range upgrade

wafish

True, like all metal horns, it rings. No shortage of threads in the archives on how to deal with it. It sounds much better than a K-400, at least to me it does.

too my knowledge I never had the opportunity to hear the 511b horn. They were on my wish list until I ran across a deal on these 1003b horns.. Hopefully they were a good move. btw I just bought a pair of 291 16k drivers, cant wait for them to arrive. B)

I follow this topic for a long time. When I built the Hhorns I came up with the K-55 and Altec 511 horn along with the JBL 2404.

I used to fool around with an Altec A7-500 cabinet (one of the Voice of the Theater systems). There was something satsfying about the Altec 511 horn that I liked.

Everyone likes the 511. They they sell them and buy things hoping they sound like the 511. :)

Love the 511 but they are getting harder and harder to find in good shape. I used a little spray on deading rubber on them before installing and it made them a little warmer.