Thread lock

CECAA850

My own prediction was accurate to 20 minutes.

Some sorely missed folks in that thread, Carl.

Not sure I miss the Dodge City days all that much, however. I got beat up pretty soundly for the first few months as the place wasn't really newbie friendly. The nice "Welcome to the Forum" of today was "You shore got a purdy mouth."

Dave

• Administrators

What's the over/under on how long Chad would have let this conversation go on? 1/2 page, 1 page LOL. The good old days HERE :P

I probably would've banned the user for at least a day and deleted the thread immediately after seeing it. There's just no place here for using that word that's in the thread title.

Even though I'm not a "forum policeman", I do have an obligation as an employee of Klipsch to help protect our brand image on our websites. After all, this forum is Klipsch's. I never got to meet PWK, but I imagine he wouldn't put up with that kind of stuff.

• Like 2

What's the over/under on how long Chad would have let this conversation go on? 1/2 page, 1 page LOL. The good old days HERE :P

I probably would've banned the user for at least a day and deleted the thread immediately after seeing it. There's just no place here for using that word that's in the thread title.

Even though I'm not a "forum policeman", I do have an obligation as an employee of Klipsch to help protect our brand image on our websites. After all, this forum is Klipsch's. I never got to meet PWK, but I imagine he wouldn't put up with that kind of stuff.

Fully agree. I avoid all thread titles with "CA" in them...

Dave

• Administrators

I locked it because there's no need to bump a topic such as that, when its last reply was 11 years ago, just for the sake of bumping it.

Not even sure why it wasn't locked in the first place.

The migration should have preserved thread locks that used to exist, but I'm not counting out a glitch.

• Like 1

I knew that there was a reason why I left this forum for a while...I really don't enjoy this type of low brow "humor", especially from those that know better than to bait an admin trying to do his job. The latest display of bad manners sinks to new lows, IMHO.

Klipsch: you've been a real asset to my "audio career". Thanks a million, especially Roy, Amy, Chad and the rest of the K-crowd. PWK lives through you guys. You all are "top notch".

Chris A,

• Like 1

I knew that there was a reason why I left this forum for a while...I really don't enjoy this type of low brow "humor", especially from those that know better than to bait an admin trying to do his job. The latest display of bad manners sinks to new lows, IMHO.

Klipsch: you've been a real asset to my "audio career". Thanks a million, especially Roy, Amy, Chad and the rest of the K-crowd. PWK lives through you guys. You all are "top notch".

Chris A,

Chris, if you're referring to me, that was not my intention. I was comparing what was allowed before to what is allowed now. There was no disrespect or back handedness meant.

Carl