**OFF THE MARKET** RF-83'S FOR SALE OR TRADE

philly0116

I just got these speakers last week. They sound amazing but they are big. Yes, I knew the dimensions before I bought them but dimensions are hollow until you see these monsters in person!! width and height are no issue but they are deep, and really to much for the room they are in. Anyway, there are a few boo boos comsetically. Fronts are gorgeous. The back of one has a decent, maybe nickel size, nick out of it. A few places on the edges have some finish missing. They are perfect acoustically. I am looking for some RF-5's, a center, 3 channel amp etc. PM me or post what you have if your interested. Im in Central Arkansas. All things considered, cash price $1,000. Thank you!

post-53642-0-71060000-1384527005_thumb.j

post-53642-0-65540000-1384527020_thumb.j

post-53642-0-19140000-1384527037_thumb.j

post-53642-0-74300000-1384527053_thumb.j

post-53642-0-15420000-1384527070_thumb.j

post-53642-0-04900000-1384527087_thumb.j

Edited by philly0116

Too bad they got that gash in the back. I'd be interested to try these out vs the 63's. I hope you find a good home for them.

Yes, the gash is unfortunate. It can be repaired but I never see it because there is a wall behind them so it doesn't bother me enough to mess with it. If they don't go anywhere there's worse speakers to be stuck with than RF-83's with a chip in the back and some scuffs on the corners!

I might. I might just keep them where they are and be glad I can still appreciate a great speaker even if, on the outside, in the back, facing a wall it doesnt shine like the hope diamond. Id hate to lose that about things. Imagine the bruised bananas that are perfect on the inside I would miss out on.

Edited by philly0116

I might. I might just keep them where they are and be glad I can still appreciate a great speaker even if, on the outside, in the back, facing a wall it doesnt shine like the hope diamond. Id hate to lose that about things. Imagine the bruised bananas that are perfect on the inside I would miss out on.

Haha.

This does look fixable. Just get a sliver of wood and tediously sand it to the right thichness (off of the speaker) and cut to size with a razor or exacto knife. If you have a Dremel tool you can really sculpt it to shape.

A spot of elmer's wood glue and a sharpie and you are good to go. Or get fancy and have a small sample size of paint mixed in the exact color.