what is up with this new limited edition…….

Scrappydue

what is the deal with all this new limited edition rf-600, rc-500, rw-12ii? it looks like all rebadged series 4 stuff? is this gonna be considered gen 6 reference stuff or what? to me its all just confusing as the numbers have zero reference to anything to do with the speakers like current models. i'm disliking all this new change more and more everyday.

• Like 1

what is the deal with all this new limited edition rf-600, rc-500, rw-12ii? it looks like all rebadged series 4 stuff? is this gonna be considered gen 6 reference stuff or what? to me its all just confusing as the numbers have zero reference to anything to do with the speakers like current models. i'm disliking all this new change more and more everyday.

Scrappy,

I think these models are exclusive to Canada and it looks like Hawaii also. They look like Reference IV.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-reference-tower-speaker-rf600b-black-single-rf600b/10205920.aspx

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Those have been out a while now. Limited edition with Reference IV acoustics and slight cosmetic upgrades. They are not the Ref IV II, or new Reference by any means. Created to relieve channel conflict in Canada, but some US dealers have picked up a few.

I agree, it's a little confusing, but don't read too much into it. They will be around for a limited time, and good things are in the works. ;)

What a bout a fully horn loaded three way reference speaker that isn't near the size of the la scala. Bottom of the cabinet could be like that little 6.5" horn loaded anarchy sub then horn loaded mid and tweet on top. Horn loads into the room from the front so they can be close to the wall? I'd prolly get into those. From what I've read that little sub will go down to like 28 hz with some serious authority. Sounds perfect to me!

• Like 1

Steve my rc-64 showed up kinda beat up in one edge. I think once we move and I know exactly what furniture we will have I will re veneer it and the 63's and have a one of a kind pair in maybe walnut or something else dark brownish.

so many good deals around, and I could re vineer a black set easy enough, but this lay off is driving me batty (a short trip I know) never figured as electrician I would ever be out of work. I feel better about not buying yours, seeing how you miss them and want them back I may have felt slightly guilty keeping them. It would be great here if I had the 63s or 83's, then I could move the rb-35's to the rear and dump the old KLH I am using there.

Edited by steve sells

• 9 months later...

Forgot about this thread. Steve I may be selling my upstairs setup soon

Edit: wow not sure how this thread was at the top of my home theater stuff? Sorry for the bump. Although still current I guess with new reference stuff lol.

Sorry Steve! Maybe you've already found new speakers?

Edited by Scrappydue