34 replies to this topic

#1 ipaguy

ipaguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

Can anyone id these and point me to more specs/info than the ad mentions?

http://sfbay.craigsl...4194660391.html

Thanks

#2 Ron

Ron

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

As far as I know the woofers are the only difference other than cosmetics. I believe the woofer handles more power. That guy wants too much money IMO there are much better deals to be found. Are you going to use them for home use... Why don't you go for the other 2 pairs on Craigslist?

http://sfbay.craigsl...4184337834.html

http://sacramento.cr...4183575126.html

There was another pair in Stockton that were natural birch earlier this week for $900 or offer but they are gone now.

Keep your eyes open. I picked up a pair for $500 and a third one for $450 in the bay area.

Edited by ellisr63, 16 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

tia,

Ron

1/4 pie bass bins JBL2360A horns for L+R (soon)

LaScala bass bin center with Faital horn

Heresy HIP heights

KP 3002 side surrounds

La Scala surrounds

2 Danley DTS-10s

Denon 4520ci

Yamaha P7000S

BenQ w1070

Jamestown 134" 16x9 screen

#3 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Mobile BAY Area, good, that's close to me! ;-)
  • Ron likes this

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SB, HEIGHT), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) Surround, kg1 SURROUND BACK, kg3 HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#4 mustang guy

mustang guy

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

As far as I know the woofers are the only difference other than cosmetics. I believe the woofer handles more power. That guy wants too much money IMO there are much better deals to be found. Are you going to use them for home use... Why don't you go for the other 2 pairs on Craigslist?

http://sfbay.craigsl...4184337834.html

http://sacramento.cr...4183575126.html

There was another pair in Stockton that were natural birch earlier this week for $900 or offer but they are gone now.

Keep your eyes open. I picked up a pair for $500 and a third one for $450 in the bay area.

K43 woofer instead of the K33 and twice the power rating at 200wp speaker.

Preamp: Integra DHC-80.3

Main amp: Integra DTA-70.1

Speakers: Left, Center, Right, Sides and Rear (6 total) La Scalas

Subs for HT mode: 2 KPT-684's powered by Yamaha P7000S

BluRay: Oppo BDP-93

Turntable: Rega P5 w/Ortofon 2M Blue

Projector: Epson 5020UB Screen: DaLite 130" HC Cinema Vision

Also in shop Fisher R660 and 2 80-AZ connected to front LaScalas

Front Scalas switched with Niles SPK-1

Subs for tubes: 2 Bill Fitzmaurice THT pwrd by Crown XLS-202

THT's Subwoofer controller Paradigm X30

#5 Marvel

Marvel

Klipsch Ultra Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,549 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

The newer K33 woofers are rated for 150 watts.

'86 LaScalas (LS-BLS w/s) w/APT150 tweeters and DHA2 crossovers, '89 Heresy IIs, '72 JBL 4311s, JMA Merlin Pre, Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondogs, Former Dynaco ST-70, H/K 430 x 2

#6 mustang guy

mustang guy

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

The newer K33 woofers are rated for 150 watts.

What? The old ones were rated at like 50 watts. The K43 was rated at 100. So you are saying the new K33 woofers can do 150? Are they still 4 Ohm?

Edited by mustang guy, 18 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Preamp: Integra DHC-80.3

Main amp: Integra DTA-70.1

Speakers: Left, Center, Right, Sides and Rear (6 total) La Scalas

Subs for HT mode: 2 KPT-684's powered by Yamaha P7000S

BluRay: Oppo BDP-93

Turntable: Rega P5 w/Ortofon 2M Blue

Projector: Epson 5020UB Screen: DaLite 130" HC Cinema Vision

Also in shop Fisher R660 and 2 80-AZ connected to front LaScalas

Front Scalas switched with Niles SPK-1

Subs for tubes: 2 Bill Fitzmaurice THT pwrd by Crown XLS-202

THT's Subwoofer controller Paradigm X30

#7 minermark

minermark

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationRoseville Calif

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Im rebuilding my Industrial/Splits models at this very moment, Crites crossovers will be here Monday. and yes the 200 watts comes in handy.

Music Angels KT88s duals @70watts
XiangSheng Preamp 7tube prototype
Klipsch Industrial LaScalla Splits
And one pissed off Neighbor

#8 Schu

Schu

Forum Ultra Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

if you put the 43's into a regular home version of a la scala, do the cross overs need to be changed out?

My Name is Nobody...

Klipsch Image Ones

Klipsch x11i

Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R

Parks Audio Budgie Pre Amp/SUT

Pioneer SC35

Bel Canto REF 500M

Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio

Klisch RC64II

Klipsch SW-115

OPPO BDP-93

Samsung PN64D8000

#9 djk

djk

Klipsch Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

No changes needed.

Golden Ear Audiophile hit with a brick "Oww, that hurts! I'm bleeding!" Tin Ear Meter Reader hit with a brick "You can't prove I was hit with a brick! We need to do a double blind ABX test!"

#10 IndyKlipschFan

IndyKlipschFan

Klipsch Ultra Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,618 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana USA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

So, 200w for a great amp powering La Scala's got me to thinking. No one in their right or left mind wants these at that level! It would be uncomfortable to say the least!

Now a good clean amp at 200 WPC to handle say a gunshot or cannon explosion. Yes, in my HT it goes right through your chest and you feel the air move, too, like it happened to you!

People underestimate how efficient these are and how little it takes to drive them too. And if the old rule is you double the wattage to feel/hear a 2-3db difference.... So again, other than headroom, your never gonna need more than 200WPC and it's only going to feel 2-3db more. Which at that level can you tell really? Just saying!
HT: 2008 My Dream La Scala HT System for downstairs is finally 99% done. 7 Split La Scala's, (Timbre up front DOES matter!) Two Klipsch THX KW 120 subs, with the KA 1000 Amp, with the Velodyne SMS-1, Bass management system, with 2 THX series KS-525's as side surrounds. WOW! Dedicated 17' x 30' room, 106" Daylite screen, with the Infocus 7210 DLP Projector. Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Sunfire Signature series 200 x 7 amp. SONY 550 BluRay DVD player. It's Klipsch Nirvana, for me. The ticket booth is open, and the popcorn machine works, So dim the lights, on with the show!!

#11 IndyKlipschFan

IndyKlipschFan

Klipsch Ultra Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

One more thing, if they are split industrials put a milk carton between them. Toe them into your sweet spot with a laser pointer! You will thank me later!!!
HT: 2008 My Dream La Scala HT System for downstairs is finally 99% done. 7 Split La Scala's, (Timbre up front DOES matter!) Two Klipsch THX KW 120 subs, with the KA 1000 Amp, with the Velodyne SMS-1, Bass management system, with 2 THX series KS-525's as side surrounds. WOW! Dedicated 17' x 30' room, 106" Daylite screen, with the Infocus 7210 DLP Projector. Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Sunfire Signature series 200 x 7 amp. SONY 550 BluRay DVD player. It's Klipsch Nirvana, for me. The ticket booth is open, and the popcorn machine works, So dim the lights, on with the show!!

#12 Islander

Islander

Klipsch Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

One more thing, if they are split industrials put a milk carton between them. Toe them into your sweet spot with a laser pointer! You will thank me later!!!

I agree that raising the tweeters is a good thing. It makes for a bigger and more realistic sound presentation. You can see the height of the tweeter on my right JubScala II in the avatar picture.

Pat on the Island

510 JubScala IIs + Paradigm PW-2100 V.2, powered by Yamaha MX-D1 x 2, EQ'd by Electro-Voice Dx38, controlled by Yamaha RX-V750, fed by Technics SL-1210M5G & Yamaha DVD-S550

6.1 Surround: above plus Belle (centre front), La Scalas (left and right surround), Heresy III (centre rear)

#13 djk

djk

Klipsch Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

" Just saying!"

Just saying the midrange sounds better on the K43.

Golden Ear Audiophile hit with a brick "Oww, that hurts! I'm bleeding!" Tin Ear Meter Reader hit with a brick "You can't prove I was hit with a brick! We need to do a double blind ABX test!"

#14 IndyKlipschFan

IndyKlipschFan

Klipsch Ultra Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

That 510 horn would be real nice on a La Scala top for real!!

#15 Islander

Islander

Klipsch Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

That 510 horn would be real nice on a La Scala top for real!!

The 510 horn/K-69 driver in combination with the Dx38 processor and pair of good matching power amps takes La Scala performance to a whole other level. You should try to get a listen to a pair of JubScalas.

On the other hand, if you really like the sound, you'll want to upgrade your mighty all-LS setup, and that would not be cheap, unless you only upgrade the front Left and Right speakers. Still not cheap, but more affordable than a 7-JubScala system.

Pat on the Island

510 JubScala IIs + Paradigm PW-2100 V.2, powered by Yamaha MX-D1 x 2, EQ'd by Electro-Voice Dx38, controlled by Yamaha RX-V750, fed by Technics SL-1210M5G & Yamaha DVD-S550

6.1 Surround: above plus Belle (centre front), La Scalas (left and right surround), Heresy III (centre rear)

#16 minermark

minermark

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

I lost a fuse the other night in my right side wile breaking in the new Crites crossovers, pulled the amp and put it on the bench, have not looked at it yet, at least three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Meanwile I Barrowed the wife's mono blocks and made sure of good 5amp fuses in the LaScallas.

#17 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationWhite Mountians, New Hampshire

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I lost a fuse the other night in my right side wile breaking in the new Crites crossovers, pulled the amp and put it on the bench, have not looked at it yet, at least three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Meanwile I Barrowed the wife's mono blocks and made sure of good 5amp fuses in the LaScallas.

scan0004_zps1ee98d3d.jpg

You may have serious problems , your 70w tube amp should not blow a 5amp fuse? K43 is good to 200W.

The woofer fuse is/was 3amps?

Edited by mach-1, 01 March 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Love that vinyl !!!

#18 minermark

minermark

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

scan0004_zps1ee98d3d.jpg

You may have serious problems , your 70w tube amp should not blow a 5amp fuse? K43 is good to 200W.

The woofer fuse is/was 3amps?

Believe it or not it was a 2 amp, never looked at them, the Crites Crossovers don't look like the scematic listed anymore.

These should be fine both speakers are working fine, it's the amp I need to break into here in a wile.

#19 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

at least three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Love that vinyl !!!

#20 mach-1

mach-1

33 1/3 rpm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

t three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Only ten year old bourbon qualities you as a repair tech :D

as one ham to another K1WME whiskey mike echo

Love that vinyl !!!