Industrial La Scalas?

ipaguy

As far as I know the woofers are the only difference other than cosmetics. I believe the woofer handles more power. That guy wants too much money IMO there are much better deals to be found. Are you going to use them for home use... Why don't you go for the other 2 pairs on Craigslist?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4184337834.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/4183575126.html

There was another pair in Stockton that were natural birch earlier this week for $900 or offer but they are gone now.

Keep your eyes open. I picked up a pair for $500 and a third one for $450 in the bay area.

Edited by ellisr63
  • Like 1

As far as I know the woofers are the only difference other than cosmetics. I believe the woofer handles more power. That guy wants too much money IMO there are much better deals to be found. Are you going to use them for home use... Why don't you go for the other 2 pairs on Craigslist?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4184337834.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/4183575126.html

There was another pair in Stockton that were natural birch earlier this week for $900 or offer but they are gone now.

Keep your eyes open. I picked up a pair for $500 and a third one for $450 in the bay area.

K43 woofer instead of the K33 and twice the power rating at 200wp speaker.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, 200w for a great amp powering La Scala's got me to thinking. No one in their right or left mind wants these at that level! It would be uncomfortable to say the least!

Now a good clean amp at 200 WPC to handle say a gunshot or cannon explosion. Yes, in my HT it goes right through your chest and you feel the air move, too, like it happened to you!

People underestimate how efficient these are and how little it takes to drive them too. And if the old rule is you double the wattage to feel/hear a 2-3db difference.... So again, other than headroom, your never gonna need more than 200WPC and it's only going to feel 2-3db more. Which at that level can you tell really? Just saying!

One more thing, if they are split industrials put a milk carton between them. Toe them into your sweet spot with a laser pointer! You will thank me later!!!

I agree that raising the tweeters is a good thing. It makes for a bigger and more realistic sound presentation. You can see the height of the tweeter on my right JubScala II in the avatar picture.

• Like 1

That 510 horn would be real nice on a La Scala top for real!!

The 510 horn/K-69 driver in combination with the Dx38 processor and pair of good matching power amps takes La Scala performance to a whole other level. You should try to get a listen to a pair of JubScalas.

On the other hand, if you really like the sound, you'll want to upgrade your mighty all-LS setup, and that would not be cheap, unless you only upgrade the front Left and Right speakers. Still not cheap, but more affordable than a 7-JubScala system.

I lost a fuse the other night in my right side wile breaking in the new Crites crossovers, pulled the amp and put it on the bench, have not looked at it yet, at least three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Meanwile I Barrowed the wife's mono blocks and made sure of good 5amp fuses in the LaScallas.

I lost a fuse the other night in my right side wile breaking in the new Crites crossovers, pulled the amp and put it on the bench, have not looked at it yet, at least three more Guinness's before I look inside.

Meanwile I Barrowed the wife's mono blocks and made sure of good 5amp fuses in the LaScallas.

scan0004_zps1ee98d3d.jpg

You may have serious problems , your 70w tube amp should not blow a 5amp fuse? K43 is good to 200W.

The woofer fuse is/was 3amps?

Believe it or not it was a 2 amp, never looked at them, the Crites Crossovers don't look like the scematic listed anymore.

These should be fine both speakers are working fine, it's the amp I need to break into here in a wile.