The re-purposing of a CWIII crossover question

CANT

I just acquired an empty CWIII cabinet and crossover...I have a few tweeters sitting around, an extra K53K and a couple Crites CW1526 so I figured I could through something together? My question is about the woofer and squawker filter circuits and whether they seem to be driver specific or if the LCR at the tail end of both is more an eq-ing endeavor?

I have attached a schematic of the physical crossover I am using... I have transcribed it to the best of my ability... I am also attaching a schematic of what another member supposedly transcribed... it is quite a bit different so it may be another Rev or just wrong?

I am really just looking for opinions on whether I should remove the LCR's to use the components I have or not? My initial test run sounded a bit thin but that may have been from the modest components used in the stock CWIII crossover?

post-55655-0-65940000-1384671431_thumb.p

post-55655-0-10340000-1384671447_thumb.p

• Thanks 1

In case anyone is curious... I ended up playing around with the crossover a little more this last weekend and at least on the woofer circuit, the LCR seems to just be a slope adjustment?

Also, looking over the Rev A schematic I posted, it appears my woofer circuit L values were keyed in or written down wrong...

2.7mH should be 2.8mH

1.9MH should be 1.2mH

Actually this is a mono app but it's sounding pretty good... I have learned that the K107 horn sounds better than the K79 and that the Ti diaphragm is considerably better than the Ph... but that the K53K seems pretty close to the K53Ti for my usage... also the CW1526 is a great K33 replacement.

Now these are assessments made with my CWIII crossover so I wouldn't expect them to be universal but...

Edited by CANT

I can't tell you the exact models or provide schematic, but I do know that when Klipsch started producing the CW III, there was quickly a change in the midrange driver. Not sure of the reasons, possibly a vendor choice. If the mid driver changed, that portion of the network would have likely been modified as part of that same manufacturing change.

All of the K107Ti and K53Ti motor assemblies I have seen do physically appear different from other comparable models (K79K, K792KP, K53K, etc.) so they may have switched to a different vendor for those models? That's a pretty drastic Rev change though?