What size screen?

Coytee

Hey RH, never purchased the 3d emitter but when I upgrade to either an RS48 or a newer model with true 2160 capabilities I will be getting the 3d emitter for sure. I don’t watch tomuch 3d but when I do I watch it downstairs on th 70” 3d Elite. P.S. your joke cracked me up.

lol i did not mean it as a joke and then when i read it i was like wow should i post this. :lol:

I want my screen to be at a minimum one inch larger than anyone elses in my neighborhood....

Bragging rights.... LOL....

Well I will wait until you buy a screen so I can by one bigger, so I can say my screen is bigger then yours :P .

:emotion-21:

FYI format ratio matters. I have a constant height screen due to room limitations and WAF. Works good for TV/sports at 80 inches, diagonal for 16:9, then 2.35:1 movies are more immersive at 100 inches. Actually prefer constant height for this reason, movies are bigger than TV. Will this be for TV, Movies or both? If mainly for TV you may want to do the opposite of me and go constant width to maximize 16:9 TV and only loose a small amount when watching a movie..

That is exactly what I did with mine. Movies, Football, and Gaming. All needed to be great. Constant Width screen with electric masking top/bottom fit the bill nicely for me.

To me a scope screen is a great fit only if you don't watch much TV or game.

• Like 1

Don't want to stray, but does the rock wall behind the rfs affect the sound in any way either positive or negative?

Sorry I missed this question.

I had concrete block behind them before the stone. I can't tell any difference. I think both do a good job of bass reinforcement.

FYI format ratio matters. I have a constant height screen due to room limitations and WAF. Works good for TV/sports at 80 inches, diagonal for 16:9, then 2.35:1 movies are more immersive at 100 inches. Actually prefer constant height for this reason, movies are bigger than TV. Will this be for TV, Movies or both? If mainly for TV you may want to do the opposite of me and go constant width to maximize 16:9 TV and only loose a small amount when watching a movie..

That is exactly what I did with mine. Movies, Football, and Gaming. All needed to be great. Constant Width screen with electric masking top/bottom fit the bill nicely for me.

To me a scope screen is a great fit only if you don't watch much TV or game.

I would think most people on forum would be best served with constant width, math works the best to get best compromise on both screen sizes 2.4 and 16:9.

Since we do not watch much TV, kids have 50" plasma, with Adcom/B&W for gaming, wife has 52" LCD, 70% + is for movies, and room limitations, maxing screen size for movies , constant height, makes the most sense for me.

• Like 1

Don't want to stray, but does the rock wall behind the rfs affect the sound in any way either positive or negative?

Sorry I missed this question.

I had concrete block behind them before the stone. I can't tell any difference. I think both do a good job of bass reinforcement.

Concrete or rock both work well for bass as long as wall is rigid. Orchestra Hall in Detroit has very good sound, one of the keys is block construction that does not flex, if walls flex, bass gets muddy.

Stone on side walls would help break up reflections and work like acoustic panels. We have highly textured walls in HT room that both help work like acoustic panels and make the wood stud / drywall wall much stiffer.

• Like 1