A totally useless thread....

Mighty Favog

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!

A new battery UPS unit is on it's way to my house for Thursday's delivery (thank you Amazon Prime).

And those long awaited Red Kryptonics Star Trac 65mm skateboard wheels (reissue) have been snatched out the first batch delivered to my retailer. Should see those in about a week after waiting some 33+ years. LOL!! It was funny though, I had to remember how to speak "Beach Bum" when I called the store.

http://kryptonics.com/

Edited by Mighty Favog

Nice picture! Good looking collection of boards too. I remember back in the late 70s we all wanted this one certain skateboard. It was wooden and seems like it was one of the 1st really good skateboard. The sport was very young then. Eurethane wheels had just come out. What was the name of that board? Any idea?

Edit: I had to look it up and I found one on Ebay. Crazy what these people want for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Logan-Earth-Ski-1975-Old-School-Skateboard-Deck-11-autographs-/370814627233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5656462da1

Edited by JL Sargent

Nice picture! Good looking collection of boards too. I remember back in the late 70s we all wanted this one certain skateboard. It was wooden and seems like it was one of the 1st really good skateboard. The sport was very young then. Eurethane wheels had just come out. What was the name of that board? Any idea?

Edit: I had to look it up and I found one on Ebay. Crazy what these people want for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Logan-Earth-Ski-1975-Old-School-Skateboard-Deck-11-autographs-/370814627233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5656462da1

You are thinking early 70's . In the late 70's there were hundreds of great decks available .

ralph-morse-young-boy-nailing-wheel-part

My first skateboard was truly vintage. It looked just like this one, except the (wood) board was a 2" x 4".

I nailed a (split) roller skate to the ends of the board and took off from there. Daring times.....

Not fancy, but it did the job.

Edited by Boxx

My son Jeff spends much of his spare time making U-Tube videos of him and his friends doing crazy stuff on his skateboards.

It drives me nuts knowing another injury is just around the corner.

Jumping off stairways and riding the handrail, up and down these half pipes doing tricks, jumping ramps & flipping the skateboard in the process.

I sure wish he would find some safer way to have fun.