RF-3

wagnerems

I have RF-3s but do not have the connector straps making the 4 terminals 2. Please forgive my layperson speak. I've been told that it's OK/just as good to use speaker wire to make the connections. True? And what exactly are those straps called?? And can they be bought anywhere? Thanks for any assistance.

I have RF-3s but do not have the connector straps making the 4 terminals 2. Please forgive my layperson speak. I've been told that it's OK/just as good to use speaker wire to make the connections. True? And what exactly are those straps called?? And can they be bought anywhere? Thanks for any assistance.

Welcome to the forum! They are called jumpers, I believe. You can order them. Should not be a big deal at all. Great speaker, by the way.

Klipsch Product Technical and Warranty Support

1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM ET

Home Audio: support@klipsch.com

Edited by philly0116

Was missing on a recent pair I got on one. Took a couple of three inch color coded jumpers/red/white and jumped bottom to top. A little bit of making sure of the connection to post what with 2 wires per post but, good to go for now.

4 inches + a better fit.

Edited by billybob

Called Klipsch. Great guy in the customer service/parts area. Says that he's been using paper clips for seven years, and they work fine... ... I guess that's that. Better safe than puffs of smoke :-)

Just goes to show what PWK used to say about speaker cables. Lamp cords work just as good as $125 specialty cables and paperclips aren't bad in a pinch! I might have used some liberty on that quote :D