SW-115 paired with RW-12d

Utard

So right now I have a R II system with 4 RW-12d.

I was considering selling 2 of them and getting a SW-115.

My question is has anyone paired a RW-12d with a SW-115? I don't see any problems with this but just wanted to double check with anyone that may have done this.

Ignoring the ugly carpet I just posted, I'll put in my 2 cents. I've used 15s with 10s in car systems to help dig a little lower while the 10s provide the punch and the 15s dismantle the interior. I don't know exactly what the output will be or the room modes, but if you position it right it might blend in nicely and pick up the bottom. If you have lfe output you could try experimenting with the rw's on the front preouts and the sw on the lfe.

• Like 1

id sell all 4 and get dual sw-115's. or spend your money more wisely and build you some subs like i did. you could build two 18's with a 3000 watt inure amp with built in dap for like 1100$ I'm not even sure if you can get two sw-115 for that price

this... if you need klipsch, two 115's will kick your arse.

if you need to spend 1000-1200... then DIY will give you the best bang for your buck.

I want one of them; but if I buy it, it will be at at DEEP discount...

I love my SW-115, and I did think about SVS.... but when I heard the SW-115 at the store which is about 6 blocks away, I brought it home with me for $900, and I am not even sure I want a second one, room shaking bass.

Jeeze 900!?!? They didn't cut you a break at all.

I want one of them; but if I buy it, it will be at at DEEP discount...

well... we all pay what we pay, but I think street price is a bit less than 900'ish.. no worries, as long as you like the sub, and for what it is worth... I dont think I would ever need a second one either unless it was only to smooth out room dynamics.

I rolled the dice and have them wired in parallel at a 4 ohm load. Origionally it was a single kg5.5 center in oak I bought with an extra box of parts to build a second cabinet. I found someone locally selling a pair of empty black boxes for $20 model unknown. The second I got there I new they were kg boxes so I drug them home and filed them and that's how the double center came to life. The $20 cabinets are actually in the place of the front L/R now, they have crites crossovers and tweeters in them.( stainless screws holding the drivers in) The centers are stock. 1 kg center is great, but 2 are just awesome. Receiver has been running that way now for almost 2 years without issue ( outside of being struck by lightning)

When speakers are ran that close together they couple, an old car stereo trick I used that some will disagree with is I have it playing at low volumes when connecting in parallel and you can hear when they go out of phase by a volume drop or in phase with an increase. The rest audessy figures out. I haven't used any metering equipment other than generic db reading to set reference.