Klipsch g-17 as center channel?

Alabamangler

I have a Quintet III system paired to a Yamaha VX-R663 and recently upgraded to a larger TV. Prior to this I had the Quintet center speaker mount tucked behind the TV as there was enough of an opening to allow for good audio.

With the larger TV this cavity is covered and I'll be forced to:

1. mount the existing Quintet center to the ceiling (not ideal)

2. Purchase a low profile center (maybe a G-series...but expensive)

3. Or...use my Klipsch G17 as a center (ideal)??

Is this feasible to use the G17 as a center? I know it's not possible to "correctly" convert terminals to 3.5.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Alabamangler

I don't quite follow. The Quintet center is smaller than the G-17. I don't see how replacing it with a larger speaker would solve your problem. Also, I wouldn't recommend this. You're mixing totally different styles of speakers with each other; categorically different. In a pinch it might work but as a best practice, not advised here.

A picture of your predicament might be helpful in getting some ideas. The Quintet center is pretty small, I imagine with a little creativity you could find a wonderfully happy home beneath the edge of the television.

I don't quite follow. The Quintet center is smaller than the G-17. I don't see how replacing it with a larger speaker would solve your problem. Also, I wouldn't recommend this. You're mixing totally different styles of speakers with each other; categorically different. In a pinch it might work but as a best practice, not advised here.

A picture of your predicament might be helpful in getting some ideas. The Quintet center is pretty small, I imagine with a little creativity you could find a wonderfully happy home beneath the edge of the television.

Yes, please provide a picture for better suggestions. I wouldn't use the G-17 as a center. I use the Gallery series in one of my living rooms and although I think they're great I still don't think that I'd mix them with quintets. If i had other options anyways.