PSA Triax

NBPK402

I received the Triax sub today. I have calibrated it with the 4520, and it sounds great! I bumped up the bass on the sub from -8 to 0, and now when I watch TV shows I can hear the bass on them too. I never realized that tv shows had bass too, especially as to how deep they go... I have my La Scalas set to crossover @ 80, and the sub to crossover @120. The Denon required me to set the sub level to -8, so I let it and then raised it up to 0 when I was finished. When the Denon was @ -8 it sounded real good but now it sounds great! Boy, what a change this is from listening to the old KLH for 10 years!

The bass is very deep and powerful! The first movie I put on was WWZ. I was not able to crank it up as everyone was home, but @ -20 it was sounding pretty good. My next movie up (for demo) was Tron... The bass on it is unreal, and that was @ -20 also!

I also received my minidsp mic today, so hopefully I can run REW in the next few days and see how it looks. I only have 1 place that the sub can go currently so not much I can do about getting it flat, but someday I will have a garage converted to a HT, and then I will be able to do the sub crawl and get the sub optimized.

All I can say is that even with a non room optimized sub it still sounds great!

If you can get up the scratch to afford this sub you will not be disappointed!

It is pretty hard to get a pic of the sub as it is in a corner between a couch and a chair and can only be seen from above. Directly above the sub in the corner is a temp shelve that is holding my Industrial HIP speaker.

It is pretty hard to get a pic of the sub as it is in a corner between a couch and a chair and can only be seen from above. Directly above the sub in the corner is a temp shelve that is holding my Industrial HIP speaker.

Did you get a 1099 form after winning the sub?

No... Will I be getting one?

I hope not but was just curious. I won a trip to Daytona Beach from MTV a few years back and got one unexpectedly. Probably varies from state to state and by promotion....

Helluva nice win for you....Enjoy!

• Like 1

No unpacking pics, delivering pics? I'd have an album by now!

It was pouring down with rain when it arrived... We unpacked it on our front porch and then dragged it into the house on the cardboard and foam. It is not as big as I was thinking but it is very heavy! It is all I can do to move it a inch or two by myself. The rubber feet are planted to the floor very well.

I hope not but was just curious. I won a trip to Daytona Beach from MTV a few years back and got one unexpectedly. Probably varies from state to state and by promotion....

Was it for Federal Tax too? The manufacturer is in Ohio and I am in California... I am hoping I don't get a 1099 for sure. I am not going to ask that is for sure.

Was it for Federal Tax too? The manufacturer is in Ohio and I am in California... I am hoping I don't get a 1099 for sure. I am not going to ask that is for sure.

I don't recall as it was so long ago. I wouldn't worry about it and sorry I brought it up in the first place. :blush2:

Last night my wife was watching a movie with me and she was laying on the couch... She fell asleep with her head about 1' from the Triax! I was 2 chairs away in the LP and I was getting massaged by the bass! This was with the 4520 @ -20 or -25 (can't remember which), and the Triax boosted from -8 to 0 on the sub. We were hitting in the 90db+ range on peaks.

I just cranked it up on the new Star Trek movies to 0 and one of our dogs left the room pretty fast! It was @$#%^ LOUD!

• 2 months later...

Well i decided to sell the Triax sub... I am getting 2 Danley DTS-10 subs. If it is not smooth enough i will then DIY a couple of SPUDs to put beneath the rear seats, with the DTS-10s going behind the front screen..