RB3 Crossover for sale?

MychaelP

I'm fairly new to the Klipsch community. I own a RC3 that replaced an old CC by B&W, and now I'm replacing my 601's to the RB-3's. I bought my friend's old RB-3's for $100, but one appears the crossover is blown. The tweeter works, and when I move the woofer to the other enclosure, it works.

Can someone direct me to where I can buy a replacement crossover? If this is the problem (I believe it is since the woofer works in the other enclosure),

Thanks!

The Klipsch parts department would likely sell you one. I don't know the number to call off-hand, but I bet you can find it on their website. You could check eBay to see if you getting lucky and find one cheaper there. That said, I bet it is just a cap that is blown. So if you can solder, it would be pretty easy (and much cheaper) to just fix it.

The Klipsch parts department would likely sell you one. I don't know the number to call off-hand, but I bet you can find it on their website. You could check eBay to see if you getting lucky and find one cheaper there. That said, I bet it is just a cap that is blown. So if you can solder, it would be pretty easy (and much cheaper) to just fix it.

Thanks for the reply. I've written Klipsch and will also call Monday afternoon about it. If it's just a cap, I would not know how or what to replace to be honest. I'll see what they charge. When I first thought it was the woofer, they had told me it was $35 to replace it plus shipping, but then I realized I could test the woofer by moving it to the other enclosure and that's how I narrowed it down to the crossover.

Updating the thread: I decided to take apart everything in the speaker enclosure and underneath and hidden in the crossover was a loose wire. I soldered it back and it works! Now I have 2 working RB-3's and LOVE THEM! Stil trying to calibrate as hard rock music a little muddy sounding compared to the old B&W's, but dialogue is crisp. So thank you for the time and help here, it got me thinking to just remove everything, and there it was, hidden. Thanks