Need Marantz owner's manual

Rick

I picked up a really nice Marantz Reference Series DR-17 CD player/recorder on Thursday, but it didn't come with the manual. I've searched online for a download, with no luck. I have figured out the recording and most functions without one, but I'd still really like to have a manual.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the manual?

MarantzDR17026_zps53a4d87b.jpg?t=1385147

Now that I look at it closer, this is a copy of the service manual. I'll keep looking for the owners manual.

Boxx, I found that one as well yesterday while searching. Like you said, it's the service manual, not the owner's manual.

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated... B)

I figured I'd try Marantz's website (I know, to easy). Go figure that they don't a manual for this particular unit available. I guess that would be to easy, wouldn't be?

I then did find this link:

http://audio.manualsonline.com/support/other/stereo-system/user-contributed-manual-for-a-marantz-home-stereo-system-182512

However, when I tried to download the PDF, but the stupid thing wanted me to sign up for some bull$#!+ account. No thanks. If you want to try, that is your prerogative, but I am not going to give out my name and email if I don't have to.

Did you try contacting Marantz themselves? Maybe they can send you one or point you to where to download a PDF version.

Marantz Customer Service hours:
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET, M-F
Tel: 800-654-6633

If that does not work, try...

Tech & Operational Support hours:
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET, M-F
Tel. 201-762-6666
Fax. 201-762-6687 Parts

Edited by skonopa
  • Like 1

Thanks Steven!

I spent a good bit of time looking online yesterday, and I saw the link you posted. I don't like to give out my personal information to these kind of sites either. I will be calling Marantz on Monday if I don't find one before then...

I am very appreciative of y'all trying to help me out on this matter...

Update: I've had success!!

After further online research I found out that at the time this unit was made, Marantz was owned by Philips, and it shares the same functionality and controls of its cousin, the Philips CDR880.

I then googled photos of the Philips, and indeed it has the exact same controls on the front of the unit (by name, if not by location). I was able to find and download the CDR880 manual, and sure enough, it helped me figure out the things I wasn't sure of before!! :emotion-21:

Edited by Rick