stylus cleaner, and recorded cleaner

The Dude

I could use a decent stylus cleaner, I don't want to spend a lot but if the cheap ones are worth a dam then I would then think about spending the money.

Here is one I was thinking of.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D036Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IECH497AGVZI&coliid=IBJ804JDN3WZ1

All so I have a couple of record cleaners, such as one of those yellow disc washers, and one like the old velvet brushes you apply the oil to. But would using one of these do anything for me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006VMBHI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IECH497AGVZI&coliid=I1QM7EX7DKGB3Y

The Zerodust stylus cleaner is expensive, but you only have to buy it once. It will not harm your stylus or attack the glue holding it to the cantilever. It leaves no residue and is safe and simple to use.

I've had mine for years now and I'm still glad I bought it.

The antistatic brushes are an absolute must for the running over the grooves right before you play the record. The generic, non-branded, ones are exactly the same and will maybe cost a bit less so search around.

Many swear by the simple use of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Drop needle directly onto a piece of it then raise straight up..

I also like LAST No. 4 stylus cleaner but it's pricey and some don't think liquids should be used on a needle.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my specailty grown horse hair comb thingy magigy and used the mr clean, I noticed that there isn't as much snap crackle pop. However I notice some distortion which I will try another record as this one may just need a good cleaning. If that't not the case I may need to check my cart setup I may have bumped something when I moved the player down stairs.