• Announcements

• Chad

Login Help   08/01/16

IMPORTANT: Member accounts now use your display name (the handle that is displayed next to your posts, which may have been different from your username on the old forums) for logging in. If you have forgotten your display name or password, you can click the "forgot password" link and have your display name emailed to you with an option to also reset your password.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derrickdj1

Some fun videos to test your Wooferage!

19 posts in this topic

On my computer, it stops at 20Hz. No sound or air at all. I have the Promedia 5.1. I haven't tried it on any of my big systems.

2 people like this

My RSW-10D on the computer sub cut out about 20hz....

My RSW-10D on the computer sub cut out about 20hz....

thats cause tens are weak sauce lol

While checking out those clips, I noticed that there seem to be a lot of videos claiming that listening to a tone at 528 Hertz will repair your DNA damage and do other good things.

Has anyone else heard of this?

1 person likes this

I'll have to see how the RSW-15 does. Doubt it will shake my door like four 18" drivers will.

The thing I found interesting is that the video's test a subs low extension. Cutting up the sub volume or trim does not have much effect. A sub will extend to a certain point and there is not much you can do beyond that. Scrappy that was pretty cool! Hey did you ever answer the door, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

Very nice. Ran it through my laptop into Marantz 4270 to IMF mains and Bang & Olufsen bookshelf speakers. Rattled the floor and table. The IMF were strong down to 10Hz. Specs say they are good down to 20Hz. Bang & Olufsen not so strong but hung in there to 10Hz also. :) I could not turn it up as everybody else is sleeping. So how low should a good do it yourself sub go? :unsure: With speaker response like this should I still consider a sub for TV and Music.

Downstairs with the KHorns I think a good recommendation for a sub may be in order.

Taz

Edited by John W. Henderson
1 person likes this

I haven't seen the video yet but have run 10Hz test tones on my IB. It'll turn ceiling fans in an adjacent room and visibly flex windows in the back of the house.

1 person likes this

I haven't seen the video yet but have run 10Hz test tones on my IB. It'll turn ceiling fans in an adjacent room and visibly flex windows in the back of the house.

That is pretty cool!!

Very nice. Ran it through my laptop into Marantz 4270 to IMF mains and Bang & Olufsen bookshelf speakers. Rattled the floor and table. The IMF were strong down to 10Hz. Specs say they are good down to 20Hz. Bang & Olufsen not so strong but hung in there to 10Hz also. :) I could not turn it up as everybody else is sleeping. So how low should a good do it yourself sub go? :unsure: With speaker response like this should I still consider a sub for TV and Music.

Downstairs with the KHorns I think a good recommendation for a sub may be in order.

Taz

Ten Hz is impressive for any system!!!

While checking out those clips, I noticed that there seem to be a lot of videos claiming that listening to a tone at 528 Hertz will repair your DNA damage and do other good things.

Wiskey and beer will do the same thing, lol.

Most of those sounds remind me of my Tibetan bowls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05pGueHux8

no that is not me

From the look of things playing the videos causes a lot of vibrating and rumbbling throughout the first floor in our home more than in the basement where the HT is located. I just wish I did not have such a large space to fill in the basement. I am reluctant to close off some of the basement since the family likes all the open space.

I'll have to see how the RSW-15 does. Doubt it will shake my door like four 18" drivers will.

I'll check this out with the Twin RSW-15's :) I'm anxious for the results as well!

As in my case it is a test of the subs and room,lol. I wish I could take all the upstairs vibrations and rumbling and put it in a bottle and take it downstairs.

It might not fit in a bottle, but rather in a box, horn loaded and fed off a large amp (:

It might not fit in a bottle, but rather in a box, horn loaded and fed off a large amp (:

That was worth a goog chuckle, lol. Thanks McMiRA.

Just for kicks I opened the link on my iPad. I thought the volume was off. Nope. Turns out response of an iPad plays from almost-yeah right.