RF-83 owner's thread

BlackGTS

Sorry for the late response, but I was looking for the receipt, and failed. I believe I bought these around 2006. If memory serves me correctly, the speakers replacing them were active floor standers, but can't remember the model. I wish the Klipsch web site had more info on discontinued speakers

Mike

• Moderators

That's great. Out of all of the MANY Klipsch speakers I have owned, the RF-83 / RC-64 are the ONLY speakers that have remained since the beginning of my Klipsch Journey. The only other Klipsch I owned prior to them were the CF-2's and they were sold when I bought the RF-83's. I absolutely love them and likely will always have them in my system.

That's great. Out of all of the MANY Klipsch speakers I have owned, the RF-83 / RC-64 are the ONLY speakers that have remained since the beginning of my Klipsch Journey.

That's what I told my brother in law. He and his wife are visiting from Colorado Springs, and while the ladies were out doing some shopping yesterday, he and I went online and did some searching for some speakers for his soon to be finished theater room. He really enjoys my RF-7 II's and the Klipsch sound, but had mentioned that he wouldn't mind something a little more laid back, so I figured the 83's would be the ticket.

If he is looking for a more laid back sound, the RF-83's are a great recommendation. Very soft, sultry sound. RF-7's (Brightest), RF-7ii (Bright), RF-83 (Smoothe)

Youthman if right since he has all three speakers. I alway smile when I see people talk about this aspect of the three different speakers since I have the RF 7's which are paired with my Pioneer avr which make it a mute point for me. Proper pairing with an avr can make a world of a difference. When I was looking for Reference speakers the RF 83's were my first choice. I just like the way the look,lol.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Well it looks like my bro in law might get himself a a whole setup. The guy is selling an RC-64 and RS-62's with the 83's. All are in fantastic shape, the asking price is $1600 for everything. Is this a good buy?

Very fair price imo......congrats!

• Moderators

Excellent deal for sure! I just sold my RS-62 just a few weeks ago on Ebay for $611. That puts the RF-83 / RC-64 for less than $1000. RC-64 typically sells for around $400 - $500 so that puts him getting the RF-83's for $500 - $600 which is almost unheard of. Tell him to go get them today before the guy changes his mind. Seriously.

Well it looks like my bro in law might get himself a a whole setup. The guy is selling an RC-64 and RS-62's with the 83's. All are in fantastic shape, the asking price is $1600 for everything. Is this a good buy?

Andrew,

That is a fantastic deal. That is a $4500.00(msrp) setup for $1600.00. :emotion-21: You do the math.

Tell him to only stop for children crossing the road, maybe an elderly person or two. :)

Bill

Edited by willland

Dude, SOMEBODY will grab them quickly. It might as well be you or your bro in law. Awesome deal.

Ron

Edited by BlackGTS