Subs To Go With Khorns

jcmusic

The Tuba can also be turned upright and blended into the decor. One member drywalled and textured a pair of them and added trim to the top and bottom. Nice work. They looked like a nice architectural feature in the room.

I have a question for you sub gurus. I have a cove that is designed for older TV's (I have a DLP in there right now). When I redo this, I will add a flat screen and build a panel across the front of this cove. I will have a space behind the TV where a big Tuba HT can fit (the 36 x 36 x 24 will fit).

Will the vibrations affect the TV?

What will the exit need to look like? I ask because I can also build a long skinny tuba and put it under the fireplace and have a relatively big exit if needed (which I assume that I need).

Thanks.

Well it is not it is a cheap barrowed sub just for me to take some measurements with. I have almost no expirence with subs in my system never really gave them much thought. Until I recently started acousticlly treating my room, now I can see in the graphs what you confirmed the need for a sub.

Thanks for the offer but, as I have already pointed out it is too big!!!

Finding something that plays nice with K-Horns and is small is going to be a problem.

Sealed subs will be the next best thing in my opinion but using just one may not be up to the task.

agree with this, 10k set of speakers and expecting a sub the size of a shoebox to hang with em, not happening. Imo the best bang for the buck may be outlaw subs but I would think with K"s you wouldn't really need a sub. Jason lookin at your sig we have some of the same stuff, I to have a set of scala"s and a set of chorus ll"s, running my stuff with the good ole pioneer sx receivers, a 1250, 1280, 1050 and 1080, great sound

Finding something that plays nice with K-Horns and is small is going to be a problem.

Sealed subs will be the next best thing in my opinion but using just one may not be up to the task.

Yes I kinda figured that, that is why I am here asking the questions because I don't know alot about subs. I am thinking about using two small subs though and that should make some difference...

Yes I kinda figured that, that is why I am here asking the questions because I don't know alot about subs. I am thinking about using two small subs though and that should make some difference...

canyon, check out outlaw subs, I have one and it keeps up well, I like it so much I have another on the way.....Roost

OK, anyone? What do you think about mounting a table tube behind a flat screen TV?

The vibrations won't do anything to the TV. The question is, will the sub sound good there? The biggest problem with THT's is positioning. They definitely like corners, but walls give you 2/3's of the gain of the corners.

I have a question for you sub gurus. I have a cove that is designed for older TV's (I have a DLP in there right now). When I redo this, I will add a flat screen and build a panel across the front of this cove. I will have a space behind the TV where a big Tuba HT can fit (the 36 x 36 x 24 will fit).

Will the vibrations affect the TV?

What will the exit need to look like? I ask because I can also build a long skinny tuba and put it under the fireplace and have a relatively big exit if needed (which I assume that I need).

Thanks.

The THT itself won't vibrate but I suppose a panel in front of it might, so hard to say. Now if you mounted the TV on the THT itself, that would be pretty safe. It it a good spot for a sub?

Edited by psg

Are there any subs other than Horn loaded that will be keep up or match with khorns, for 2 channel music???

I am coming to the party late here . . . I am running the K-horns in a 2.1 . . . using a Martin Logan Depth i sub . . . Three balanced 8" woofers in a small form cabinet. They make beautiful music together and I do love some thump. Definitely an option for you to check out and I have excellent WAF on the ML, especially since it has a small footprint, but big lows.