Optical Digital Cable to BNC

RonW.

I have a MHDT Labs Renaisance II DAC, the input connections on the back are Toslink, RCA and BNC. I thought that the best connection was the BNC. My CDP has a optical digital cable out. So what would be my best connection?

Thanks,

RonW.

Nice! On my Havana I only used the USB and toslink input so I didn't compare to the coaxial. The thing I like about the optical connection is that it has no ground issues. For the cost of cable you could try all possibilities of which your CDP is capable.

What tube are you using in the Renaisance?

I bought and now own the MHDT Havana muel use to own. I personally prefer the digital coax out and that is what I am using.

BNC and the digital coax are the same type of cable but BNC has a different connector, a locking connector that is generally preferred over RCA type connectors.

You cannot use the MHDT's BNC with your optical output, what other output choices do you have from your source?

BTW muel, loving the Havana :)

Muel:

Tube is a Western Electric 396A

I'm running two vintage CD players, the Carver DTL-200 only has RCA outputs and the Sony CDP-C85ES has the optical digital out, line out and variable line out (both RCA's).

Rich_Guy:

BNC (input @ DAC) to optical digital cable (line out @ CDP) so here is my confusion: what cable for this connection?

mustang guy:

What type of connectors/cable for this?

Sorry for all this, but now I'm confused....

Thanks,

RonW.

Thanks, someone told me that the BNC would be the best connection, but I guess there is no BNC to Toslink cable...

RW.

No, it cannot be converted, at least not by a cable alone.

Toslink is optical digital, powered by a tube of light,

BNC is digital coax, a metal coaxial cable