svs pb12/2 ultra

botelerc

If I had the oppurtunity to pick one of these monsters up for around the $550 to $600 dollar range, would it be worth it? How does it sound comparied to a more current sub, such as an HSU VTF-3 Mk3 or 4? I would be using it 90% HT, 10% music? Oppinions please.

Thanks,

Chad

You know what I used to do before I started diy stuff. Call Svs and ask them what their opinion on that particular sub in its condition is worth used. They will tell you straight up. You can also ask if they still carry replacement parts for it in case something was to go wrong with it.

GRAB IT!!!!!! It's an absolute beast. i had a PB12+2 and absolutely loved it. You'll never get more bang for the buck than that.

I had a PB-12+2 and the PB-12 Ultra/2 in my system at the same time.

The PB-12 Ultra/2 was possibly the best sub I ever had....mainly for movies. Wish I still had it. Definitely jump on it.

What new subs out there now are clearly above the old SVS PB2 plus and ultra series for similar money?

well a PB-13 ultra is a great sub. What else? Well the rythmik v15hp is supposed to be pretty close for less money. But unless you are building your own or buying multiples, you gotta spend more to get any better. After trying diy, or I guess I should say assemble yourself I will never be a buyer of any of those. But ones that would step up would be the seaton submersive, JTR cap ported or S2 and also the JTR orbit shifter. Both it and the s2 are 3,000$ but both would be more than any sane person would need.

What new subs out there now are clearly above the old SVS PB2 plus and ultra series for similar money?

well a PB-13 ultra is a great sub. What else? Well the rythmik v15hp is supposed to be pretty close for less money. But unless you are building your own or buying multiples, you gotta spend more to get any better. After trying diy, or I guess I should say assemble yourself I will never be a buyer of any of those. But ones that would step up would be the seaton submersive, JTR cap ported or S2 and also the JTR orbit shifter. Both it and the s2 are 3,000$ but both would be more than any sane person would need.

So the PB13 is above the old dual 12 series that SVS used to build?

The Ultra 12" drivers were anything but "lesser".

In order for a 13" driver to out perform 2 12's it'll need roughly twice the excursion of the 12's along with other things to help it along (amp power, box etc). SVS has always gotten every ounce of performance out of all their products, past and present.

I just looked up a ton of peoples opinions and they almost all say they preferred the newer ultra over the old UNLESS money was tight. Said it was much more authoritative down low. Which is where Svs shines.

Now I will say at 600$ if take the older one al day.

Edited by Scrappydue

Most newer model anythings are better than their older counterpart BUT, you're comparing 2 of the older to one of the newer drivers. I had one of the old PCU12's. They were no slouch. I can't believe the OP hasn't picked up the sub and posted pics. That's a great price.

So the PB13 is above the old dual 12 series that SVS used to build?

No

Most newer model anythings are better than their older counterpart BUT, you're comparing 2 of the older to one of the newer drivers. I had one of the old PCU12's. They were no slouch. I can't believe the OP hasn't picked up the sub and posted pics. That's a great price.

i have been comparing the same sub the whole time. The new flagship pb-13 ultra to any of the old pb12 plus/2 models. Doesn't matter which one it is, the new pb-13 ultra seems to be preffered.