svs pb12/2 ultra

botelerc

He's looking at the PB 12 Ultra, not the +. The Ultra was definitely preferred over the + but the + was no slouch either.

Either way, a PB12/2 Ultra for under 600 is a no brainer. There's nothing out there today for that much money that'll touch it.

Will post pic soon, supposed to pick it up tomorrow. Has anyone ever tryed to paint a textured composite box. It has some light scratches and some discoloration and water marks on the top. I would like to paint it if it is possible, but don't know. I don't want to do anything to make it look worse. I can live with the way it currently looks. If anyone has ever done it or knows how, please let me know. Thanks,

Chad

More displacement, more port volume, bigger box. I can't imagine a scenario where the old 2 driver ultra box isn't better than the newer single driver unit.

I was curious If things had changed much with the latest SVS offering. I picked up the PB2 plus I guess around 10 years ago or so when they were new. I didn't know if the newer 13 had tons more power and output. I can testify to the old PB2 plus, mine has been rock solid all this time and blends really well with my LS's. I don't even choke it down to pull the last few cycles. Leave all ports open, good for music, movies and still pulls hard down to 25HZ. I think its good down to either 12 or 16hz with two ports plugged.

Figured you'd say that.

Only because it's true. I don't have a horse in this race.

A ittle background. I've gone through multiple subs in my HT. Did a lot of research along the way. I've owned an SVS PCU and a PB12+2, so I'm not just going off reviews and specs. The SVS subs were my favorite subs until I went another direction with the bass in my HT.

Honestly, I can't figure out why you haven't gotten the sub yet. If you're waiting for a better sub to pop up at a better price, you're going to have a long wait.

Edited by CECAA850

I bought one of Scrappydue's SVS PB 13 Ultra's and it blends very very well with my La Scalas, it totally smoked the Sunfire that I had. I don't think two sunfires like I had could come close to matching it's output. I've had several friends over that couldn't tell that there was a sub being used, I can't even pinpoint it's location in the room with my eyes shut. It may be no match for a horn loaded sub but it's strong and very enjoyable and I didn't have to do anything but go pick it up and plug it in.

I bought one of Scrappydue's SVS PB 13 Ultra's and it blends very very well with my La Scalas, it totally smoked the Sunfire that I had. I don't think two sunfires like I had could come close to matching it's output. I've had several friends over that couldn't tell that there was a sub being used, I can't even pinpoint it's location in the room with my eyes shut. It may be no match for a horn loaded sub but it's strong and very enjoyable and I didn't have to do anything but go pick it up and plug it in.

glad to hear you are still enjoying that baby rusty. Hope you hang out to that badboy the long haul. I miss them big cherry boxes in my living room. Hopefully I can learn to veneer soon. Then I can get my new project looking pretty Edited by Scrappydue

glad to hear you are still enjoying that baby rusty. Hope you hang out to that badboy the long haul. I miss them big cherry boxes in my living room. Hopefully I can learn to veneer soon. Then I can get my new project looking pretty

If I had 4 18's I doubt I would worry about the veneers, lol. I'm hanging on to it until it doesn't work anymore, I really love it! For me it was the perfect fit, I'm not a real bass head but it fills in the bottom end just like I like it. It's strong and blends in so well in my setup, and it looks so darned nice....I smile every time I look at it, lol.

It would be cool to have a shootout between the PB-12 Ultra/2 and the PB-13 Ultra. When I had the PB-12 Ultra/2 that thing would pressurize the room to the point it felt like the floor was buckling and raising the couch. The PB-12 Plus wasn't capable of that...not in my room. The sound quality of the Ultra was far superior for music IMO. Man, I wish I had that sub back.

RSW-15's on the other hand were better for music IMO....which is why I went back to one and I'm trying to find another. All this talk about the Ultra is bringing back HT memories. The best HT setup I had was RF-7's all the way around, 2 RSW-15's stacked, 1 PB-12 Ultra/2 and 1 PB-12 Plus/2. It was kick ***. I'd go through a whole movie and couldn't even tell you what it was about because I was so into the bass and sound effects.

The sound is awsome for the whole 15 minutes I had to listen to it before I had to go to work. I haven't really even set it up yet or had time to play with any settings. I just plugged it in and put on a movie. I only have it a 1/4 gain, and probably won't turn it up any louder. It's way more than I had anticipated. Now, just have to figure out how to "hide" it, to make my wife happy by it's appearance. Will probably look for some kind of screen. Everything really sounds great along side my 83/64 set up.