Erie that some bucket list things are getting checked off this year..

Mighty Favog

It all started earlier this year when I found on eBay a portable radio/cassette player that is the same model I bought with money from my first job throwing newspapers after school.

Then, in the early 80's, I loaned one of my skateboards to a friend that wanted to borrow it. Never saw him or the board again. It was probably the most versatile board I had for both tricks and cruising. A couple of years ago I read where the same deck was being reissued so I snatched one up as soon as they were available. The trucks were no problem procuring because that company was still making them. The decals on the bottom of the deck were a little more trouble but not impossible, some from the truck manufacturer, some from eBay in England and some were recreated from only finding one NOS where it needed two. A few months ago it was announced that the wheels were being reissued too. Those just arrived a few days ago.

I was on Facebook and found a childhood friend of my sister's from the 70's where that sister gave me a "standing order" to connect the two if I ever came across her. They're spending time with each other as this is written.

And finally, in the mid-70's I sat down and watched, on our local PBS station, a group of musicians from West Virginia State playing Christmas songs all on percussion instruments. I've been wanting to see this, if not own it, ever since. I've sent e-mails and made many phone calls to the university with answers saying that it most likely won't happen. So today I plugged into a Google search "Percussion Noel" and "West Virginia"......and there it was, tops on the list.

So down this mean I'm coming closer to the end? :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otnht3UqPcw&list=PLpilEhvNIFthudLrujoP2QoAHpEUv3gw0&index=1

Edited by Mighty Favog

I feel the same thing time and time again, especially when things happen for me. You get that pinch me as I think I am dreaming feeling, or something is about to go wrong as I am feeling way dam good. I then realize that in faith you can't control fate, and don't let it bring you down but enjoy it as it comes. If you are looking for my oldie skateboard stuff, there was a shop here locally I used to buy a lot of stuff from. The guy was kind of a hoarder, now that he has passed his daughter sells whats left over on ebay under sell_all_his_stuff. There I find many things from the time you speak of for skateboards and bikes. Have fun with it and keep on keeping on. You can't be that old if you were skate boarding in the 80's ;) .

Edited by duder1982

Well here are the two boards. The only thing missing is the skid plate and one of those is coming from England too.

(Big shout out and THANK YOU to Kryptonics for putting out a legendary and terrific wheel).

I started skating in 1972. But I am pushing 50 with not much good weather to ride in. :)

post-3464-0-73800000-1385823665_thumb.jp

post-3464-0-24760000-1385823679_thumb.jp

Edited by Mighty Favog