FS: NAD 925 THX 125 X 5 Price reduced $450.00

jtubbs6117

Guys this is an opportunity to have real power with minimal space. I am selling my NAD 925 THX. This amp is conservatively rated at 125x5. NAD mates well with all Klipsch speakers my experience is with the reference line with this amp. RB5's RF7's and RC7. I like the way the NAD will smooth out high frequency signals that some people say are a problem with the classic RF line. Response is fast smooth and plenty of power. As with the B&K this is only begin sold so continue the hobby being the short term goal is to have all the same brand in my living room. My wife calls is symmetry or something like that. As always I will be happy to answer any questions regarding the amp. I am asking $575.00 this includes the Paypal fees and shipping in the Conti US. I am going to list some info about the THX certification. Also pictures will be added as soon as possible, it currently being used to watch Superman for visitors here during Thanksgiving.

THX info:

The THX testing process usually begins early in product development. Manufacturers ship samples to the THX Testing Lab in Northern California where a team of expert technicians carefully analyzes each sample and produces reports on their findings. Big reports! They cover hundreds of data points and virtually every aspect of the product’s operational performance.

These findings are then sent to the manufacturer with suggestions for fixing any problems that could prevent certification. In many cases, THX requires the manufacturer to adjust the product’s design or firmware and integrate THX playback features to improve performance and meet the THX spec. Further testing, modifications, tweaks and upgrades are done, and the manufacturer sends back the product for final evaluation.

THX certification is either pass or fail. And product pricing is never a driving factor. If a product meets the THX testing standards, then certification is granted. With all of this testing from THX, the consumer is assured that the TV, receiver or speaker system they are purchasing meets the highest standards for quality and compatibility right out of the box.

Specifications

Continuous Average Power Output

20 Hz - 20 kHz; all channels driven, into 8ohm 125 watts per channel

20 Hz - 20 kHz; two channels driven, into 8ohm 200 watts per channel

IHF Dynamic Power (max short term power/channel)

8ohm 160 watts

4ohm 240 watts

2ohm 300 watts

Input Impedance 50K ohms

Input Sensitivity (for rated power into 8W) 1V

Voltage Gain 29.0 dB

Frequency Response

20 Hz – 20kHz +0, –0.2 dB

1Hz – 100kHz +0, –0.2 dB

Signal/Noise ratio, A weighted 95dB ref. 1W

THD

8W, 20Hz – 20kHz < 0.03%

4W, 20Hz – 20kHz < 0.03%

IM Distortion

SMPTE < 0.03%

CCIF < 0.01%

Damping Factor, 20Hz – 20kHz >300 typical

Physical Specifications

Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 138 x 415 mm / 17 1/8” x 5 7/16” x 16 3/8”

Net weight 19.0 kg /41.9 lbs

Specifications or design subject to change without notice.

All specifications are those in effect at time of printing.

Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories Licensing, Inc.

Lucasfilm THX Audio is a registered trademark of LucasArts Entertainment Company.

Lucasfilm is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm, Ltd. Manufactured under license from Lucasfilm, Ltd.

Edited by jtubbs6117

Selling the NAD 925THX to Jeff a few years ago was one of the biggest audio related mistake I ever made. Nothing against Jeff of course, but the NAD exuded performance, from power to headroom to musicality. Big regrets.

Buy with confidence from Jeff and this fine NAD amp.

Bill

Edited by willland

Jeff, I think you just found a buyer. :P

Not me. As you know I am "amp heavy" right now so no buying yet. With that said. I owned the NAD 925THX at the same time I owned my B&K Reference 4430. The 4430 was driving my RF63/RC64 combo while my Onkyo receiver handled the surrounds. As great sounding as the 925THX is, I could not justify the "trouble" of pulling my TV stand out and rearranging everything to basically get the same performance.

My main regrets were that soon after I sold the 925THX to Jeff, I picked up my NAD T773 receiver and everything in my rack would have matched perfectly if I had kept the 925THX.

Life is full of regrets.

Jeff, good luck with your sale.

Bill

Having 5 channels is a great option for Bi amping if someone is thinking about trying that. Using channels 1 and 2 for a front and 4 and 5 for a front. That would leave channel 3 for a center. I used it this way for a while. Also this was the amp that started my journey down the road of what the real difference it is to have an amp as apposed to running just an AVR. The 5 channels offers a lot of flexibility no matter your application.

Edited by jtubbs6117

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just picked this amp up from the shop to have checked out on a scope from top to bottom to ensure perfect operation. Amp tested above factory specs of 125x5 all channels driven.

Jeff,

That is mighty noble of you to give the buyer(and seller) some peace of mind. Glad the NAD checked out with flying colors.

Bill

Edited by willland

• 2 weeks later...