Rsw-15 vs RT10d

WagleyRF7

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the forum here. I've been a fan of klipsch since I first learned about them while working part time at a mom and pop stereo shop while attending college.

On to it then. I've been working over the last year or so trying to piece together my home theater. I'm currently running a denon avr-5803 with rf7s as my mains. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting to find a cherry rsw15 or if I have the opportunity to purchase a rt10d? I would appreciate any insight you guys have to offer!

- Wes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard the rsw-15 and owned the rt-10d. Rsw-15 is a nice sub but very rare. Rt-10d is a fantastic sub but meant for small to medium rooms and cannot take extreme volumes. Are you dead set on Klipsch? There are much better bang for your buck subs out there. What size room are you in and what are your listening preferences and listening levels?

Look into Svs, psa subs, hsu, rythmik, seaton sound is another fantastic one. By far the highest price out of those but easily best in performance.

Whatever sub I and up getting will have to last a long time. I operate on a pretty tight budget. I have traded a zero turn mower for my avr5803 receiver, sold a gun to one my closest friends, and traded a guitar pedal for my Klipsch RF-7s. I like to find things I don't need or use anymore, sell them, and then make additions to my system. So, I want to be very satisfied with the sub I add.

I have not heard either sub but I've read they're both very good. I'm not opposed to another sub...a long as it is a good value, is articulate, good with both music and ht applications, and is very reliable. Would prefer it to go near or below 20hz. I want to feel it, not only hear it! :)

The room size is approximately 22 x 14 x 9 (LxWxH). It is fully carpeted. The sub placement will be along the front wall (14ft) not in a corner. It's use would be approx 55% HT and 45% music.

Approximate price for the RT10D is 550.

I think that answers most of the questions. :)

Thanks again for any input.

- Wes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RT-10d is a very musical sub with plenty of fast punchy accurate bass. In a small to small/medium room it would work pretty well for HT but definitely not have the impact of the RSW-15. If you can get the RT-10d cheap enough, go ahead and get it until you have a line on a hard to find RSW-15. At that point you could sell and recoup some $$$ or add an RSW-15 and have an even more awesome setup for music and HT.

Bill

I have not heard either sub but I've read they're both very good. I'm not opposed to another sub...a long as it is a good value, is articulate, good with both music and ht applications, and is very reliable. Would prefer it to go near or below 20hz. I want to feel it, not only hear it! :)

The room size is approximately 22 x 14 x 9 (LxWxH). It is fully carpeted. The sub placement will be along the front wall (14ft) not in a corner. It's use would be approx 55% HT and 45% music.

Approximate price for the RT10D is 550.

I think that answers most of the questions. :)

Thanks again for any input.

- Wes

have both of those subs and a room very close to your size. The rt-10 is a great sub for both music and HT but if you're set on needing near or below 20hz, then forget the rt-10 as it drops off the table around 30hz. I have the RSW-15 up front now and it is a significant improvement in all areas! I love it for the impact (feelin it) in HT and the tight bass slam for music connected to my 2 channel system and upgraded Quartets in same room. I was very happy with the rt-10d and scored this rsw-15 for 450 when it bacame available and I jumped on it very fast! The rt-10 will feel it's keeping up with RF7's until you pair them with a RSW-15 lol. I have no experience with other subs,but always read they are better deals although I can't imagine a better deal then I got for a RSW-15 for 450.

Mine in roughly 3000 ft3. Would the rsw be too much for the space?

I thought it would be here, but it works great and really pressurizes (sp?) my 13x24 room, and will be around a long time if and when I move into a bigger space!

Edited by ajoker2c

The others are bang on about grabbing the rt-10d until you can find a rsw-15. I was very happy with my rt-10 and only upgraded because of the chance to do it unexpectantly when the rsw-15 popped up.

I'm not even using the rsw -15 to any where close to it's potential due to room size and couple loose teeth in my head :D

I have no experience with other subs,but always read they are better deals although I can't imagine a better deal then I got for a RSW-15 for 450.

How about a $3300.00 Revel B15 for $450.00? :D

Seriously, an RSW-15 is a crazy deal for $450.00. :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1