Rsw-15 vs RT10d

WagleyRF7

yeah plus 1000 on skipping the rt-10d for some serious bass. the one i had was great but nothing really low out of it…..also lets not forget that it is a triangular sub designed to be in the corner. the guy i bought it from said he was selling cause it sounded terrible unless it was in the corner. i bought it for 425$ only about a month old from a member. was gone in a couple months as i was looking for more bass in the lower region. maybe you could find a used svs pb-12nsd, psa-xv-15. those two would be great subs that can probably be found used around 5-650?? you can get a new pb-12nsd right now i think for 699. it would dig plenty low

I've heard the rsw-15 and owned the rt-10d. Rsw-15 is a nice sub but very rare. Rt-10d is a fantastic sub but meant for small to medium rooms and cannot take extreme volumes. Are you dead set on Klipsch? There are much better bang for your buck subs out there. What size room are you in and what are your listening preferences and listening levels?

Look into Svs, psa subs, hsu, rythmik, seaton sound is another fantastic one. By far the highest price out of those but easily best in performance.

I dont agree with the "Much better bang for your buck" sentiment, necessarily. Perhaps if buying new, but certainly you can't be referring to the used market as well? You spent $1200'ish on your 18's that came kit form correct? I could have four RSW-15's, for less than that, if I got two more for the price that I did for my first two RSW-15's. And these things are gorgeous, stunning, not even mentioning performance. I get that you love ANY thing other than Klipsch subs, lol. But let's not forget about the used market when giving guidance ;). They aren't THAT rare. I could find you one or two right now, I'm sure. At a great price, well that may take a bit longer, but still doable.

I've heard the rsw-15 and owned the rt-10d. Rsw-15 is a nice sub but very rare. Rt-10d is a fantastic sub but meant for small to medium rooms and cannot take extreme volumes. Are you dead set on Klipsch? There are much better bang for your buck subs out there. What size room are you in and what are your listening preferences and listening levels?

Look into Svs, psa subs, hsu, rythmik, seaton sound is another fantastic one. By far the highest price out of those but easily best in performance.

I dont agree with the "Much better bang for your buck" sentiment, necessarily. Perhaps if buying new, but certainly you can't be referring to the used market as well? You spent $1200'ish on your 18's that came kit form correct? I could have four RSW-15's, for less than that, if I got two more for the price that I did for my first two RSW-15's. And these things are gorgeous, stunning, not even mentioning performance. I get that you love ANY thing other than Klipsch subs, lol. But let's not forget about the used market when giving guidance ;). They aren't THAT rare. I could find you one or two right now, I'm sure. At a great price, well that may take a bit longer, but still doable.

i am referring to many other brand name subs being better bang for your buck. ABSOLUTELY!! just because YOU scored an INSANE deal on a couple rsw-15's doesn't mean anyone else is gonna find the same deal. you don't even wanna know what youth man just found an 11.1 RF-7ii home theater for. doesn't mean you or me is EVER gonna find the same deal. and yes about 1200 for a set of 18's with an amp with FULL DSP capability. much more tunability than an rsw-15. id put your rsw-15's any day of the week against two of my 18's. i bet mine would push more air and dig to SINGLE digits. as for being gorgeous, well you go ahead and find 4 MINT ones with in tact grilles and i will tell you all day that they are pretty but you are gonna pay anywhere fro 6-900 bucks for one in that shape. and then your talking a much higher price bracket once you buy four. and no one was forgetting about the used market. didn't say don't get and rsw-15, just said steer clear from the rt-10d if you want 20hz bass. and I'm sure MANY others will agree with other brands being better bang for your buck. AND DIY RULES ALL!!!! sorry for the rant, but i like to think me going through gear likes its my job, that i have a fantastic aspect on what kind of bang for your buck one can get. at least on low to mid priced gear. i don't have the kind of dough to be buying crazy high priced gear.

I think a lot of people that like the RSW 15 have SQ/looks as the number one objective and like a sub that is great with music and HT. People that place HT as the number one priorty look for more of the earth shaking low output. I have a commerical DYI style sub with my Chase subs. I am 90% music and 10% movies just because there are not that many movies coming out compared to music selection. So, how the sub is with music is a major factor for me. Any sub that has good 16-20 Hz performance should be good for most HT enthusiast. I like good clean bass since I like a lot of jazz and lighter music than Rock N Roll or Rap,lol.

I think a lot of people that like the RSW 15 have SQ/looks as the number one objective and like a sub that is great with music and HT. People that place HT as the number one priorty look for more of the earth shaking low output. I have a commerical DYI style sub with my Chase subs. I am 90% music and 10% movies just because there are not that many movies coming out compared to music selection. So, how the sub is with music is a major factor for me. Any sub that has good 16-20 Hz performance should be good for most HT enthusiast. I like good clean bass since I like a lot of jazz and lighter music than Rock N Roll or Rap,lol.

Aha, I get it, and that does make sense. Sounds like Scrappy is looking more for HT use. I do want something that looks like high end furniture. As well as a sub that is very musical. HT is secondary so I'm not looking for absolute power. Just clean, punchy, deep bass, both in music as well as movies. I'm not looking for the depths here, my walls couldn't handle that and ;)

Most subs are probably better than my RCA I got on clearance at radio shack...when I was in college. It's a 10inch pushing 120watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, we all started somewhere. At least you had a sub :)

Haha yep. I think an rsw-15 will be the last major piece in my ht/2.1 channel music puzzle! If you ever come across a cherry one please let me know (especially if the grill is intact...I have two young girls under 4. I'd hate to think of what they'd do to the exposed woofer).

Wow, I'm surprised I spark so much discussion on my very first post! What fun! Thanks for all the great input everyone. I will look into some of the other subs...but I must admit, I think my heart is set on a cherry rsw-15 to match my rf7s. I might just have to be patient...

Yeah, it's a nice look sub...only problem is the exposed woofer. My girls would have that destroyed within a week :). Out if sight of mind. I need something that can be covered.

True that the RSW-15's passive woofer is "covered", just not very well. IMO, one of the poorest grill designs Klipsch ever produced with it's flimsy pegs and open top and bottom. The active woofer is completely exposed.

If you want real protection, the newer SVS designs did it mostly right with it's heavy duty steel mesh grill but still open at top and bottom.

Bill

post-24680-0-81300000-1385919231_thumb.j

Yeah, it's a nice look sub...only problem is the exposed woofer. My girls would have that destroyed within a week :). Out if sight of mind. I need something that can be covered.

they are showing you the woofers. It would come with a grill on each side covering both 15" woofers.

Spl, size, extension. You can only have two. I'd go out in a limb and say that def tech would be ok if you had a small room and a smaller set. But with the rf-7 home theater that little if a sub WILL not keep up. I've heard the supercube reference with the three 14" woofers and I thought it was just ok. But still felt it was falling away when at higher volumes. Goes low. Just not loud at all.

I just re read the whole thread. If you NEVER go above -10db then the def tech would probably

Be OK. Nothing crazy but it should be able to keep up. Not sure how big your room was. But for the second speaker you are SUPPOSED to spend the most money out, I'd hold off and get either the rsw-15 or a more high performance sub. You'll be happy you did.

What about a used definitive technology supercube I?

i had that sub and its ok but not a great music sub. Plus it only goes down to around 30hz then falls off. I would get something like this before that sub outlet-specials

Internet direct subs are hard to beat if your not going diy, pb12-nsd

Edited by reference_head

Most subs are probably better than my RCA I got on clearance at radio shack...when I was in college. It's a 10inch pushing 120watts.

Haha yep. I think an rsw-15 will be the last major piece in my ht/2.1 channel music puzzle! If you ever come across a cherry one please let me know (especially if the grill is intact...I have two young girls under 4. I'd hate to think of what they'd do to the exposed woofer).

Wow, I'm surprised I spark so much discussion on my very first post! What fun! Thanks for all the great input everyone. I will look into some of the other subs...but I must admit, I think my heart is set on a cherry rsw-15 to match my rf7s. I might just have to be patient...

You'll be happy with this decision. Only because I don't have room for anymore subs in my room, I will keep an eye out for you ;) IMO the Cherry is way nicer to look at then the Black one, so definitely hold out for that if you can. Make sure that you're utilizing Searchtempest, or the like, when searching for Klipsch gear. CL can be very limited and Searchtempest will at least open up some options, hopefully. Good luck!

You'll be happy with this decision. Only because I don't have room for anymore subs in my room, I will keep an eye out for you ;) IMO the Cherry is way nicer to look at then the Black one, so definitely hold out for that if you can. Make sure that you're utilizing Searchtempest, or the like, when searching for Klipsch gear. CL can be very limited and Searchtempest will at least open up some options, hopefully. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I've never heard of searchtempest. I'm hoping to have some luck...I'm 3 hrs from Indianapolis, Detroit, and Chicago. I'd gladly drive to those places to pick that thing up.

I did some research on my current sub and apparently it only goes down to 44hz! I'm missing a lot on the low end apparently. My towers are rated lower than that!

What about a used definitive technology supercube I?

i had that sub and its ok but not a great music sub. Plus it only goes down to around 30hz then falls off. I would get something like this before that sub outlet-specials

Internet direct subs are hard to beat if your not going diy, pb12-nsd

Thanks for the info! I will check into these while I wait on the rsw.