Replacement Woofer for KG1?

tlarwa

I've been watching for some K-1-K woofers or come up for sale for a while now, but it's not happening. Any suggestions on another model that will be a drop in replacement? This is the 6.5" woofer. Even a non-Klipsch woofer, if the specs are similar. They will be used as rear surround speakers with Forte II's as the mains.

Thanks!

Tom

I would email Klipsch and see if they would give you the T-S specs for that woofer. Or if you have one good woofer, you could measure the specs using Dayton Audio DATS Dayton Audio Test System. Once you have some specs, then you can find a proper replacement. If you need help I -- or others here -- can assist. I once helped someone find some suitable replacement woofer for their KG 4s. And it's doubtful that you will find an exact match, so I recommend replacing both woofers (even if you have one good one).

Also, be careful of eBay sellers claiming to to selling non-klipsch woofers that match. The ones I've seen won't provide the specs for the woofers they are selling and/or the specs they provide aren't remotely close the the OEM drivers (I was looking at KG 4 woofers BTW).

Lastly, you might consider upgrading to some KG 4s for the rears for a better match. :)

• 2 years later...