My ProMedia 2.1 System just bit the dust

CTuschl

Personally, after reading the plentiful reviews and having personally owned some pro-media, i wouldnt buy a pro-media product again until the quality improves. The sound is good but the longevity of the amp and other such parts seems to be....meh. Thats why i went and bought a pair of Klipsch Icon W WB-14's and have them flanking my monitor!

Hopefully the pod replacement fixes your issue though!

• Moderators

Personally, after reading the plentiful reviews and having personally owned some pro-media, i wouldnt buy a pro-media product again until the quality improves. The sound is good but the longevity of the amp and other such parts seems to be....meh. Thats why i went and bought a pair of Klipsch Icon W WB-14's and have them flanking my monitor!

Hopefully the pod replacement fixes your issue though!

There are no quality issues with this product. It has been in production for 13 years with no major issues - unheard of in it's class. There are hundreds of thousands in consumers' hands, so you're going to see complaints on the internet from a certain percentage. It's the nature of electronics.

Most issues stem from the control pod's DIN plug, which sticks out from the back of the subwoofer. Unfortunately, it is a bit exposed to bumps against the wall, desk, feet, etc - just be cautious. We did redesign the plug into an L shape a few years back to help alleviate this.