RT-10d Repair Help 660045-1

ounvme

I have an RT-10d that has suffered from a power supply failure. I have repaired many klipsch amps and unfortunatley they all have the same issues. This however does not stop me from enjoying them and it makes them easier to repair. The RT-10 has suffered from a failure in the power supply control board. This is refered to as the PDC board in many other designs. I have noticed that a diode has "blown" off the board and there is a resistor that has fried. These seem to be the only issues I could find. The problem is that I cannor identify the parts to repair as I could not find the diode and the resistor is so badly burnt it is not readable. I come to ask for your help. Can someone identify these parts for me or provide a picture or the part numbers. The main chip has also been sanded off to prevent identification. A sub in this price range should be repairable not throw away or "refurbishable" These parts will cost less than $5. :wacko2:

Please see the pic below:

Thank You

post-23047-0-71780000-1385948287_thumb.j

Maybe if no one has it you can contact a local Klipsch authorized dealer? I would think they would have to have the schematic to fix it. Might not wanna tell you but maybe you could offer em 20$ or something to tell you what you need to know? Worth a shot. Worst thing they will say is no.

The amplifiers are almost never manufactured by Klipsch anymore it is worth asking but I doubt that a dealer would have component level schematics. Engineers and integrators would be more of a promissing route. Worst case is I have to wait until a broken one shows up on ebay

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I have a similar subwoofer, but unfortunately a different problem. My problem is with the I/O- / preamp-card (I have two of the same subwoofers, so I did som replacements of cards to trace the fault). 

The symptoms are extreemly low output volume. At +10dB I can barely hear sounds. Apart from this, everything seems normal.

Please respond anyone who has an idea of what causes the fault.

Gøran (also from Norway).

Hi,

I recently purchased 2 replacement amp kits off of Ebay from ronco/soundseller. He had them listed for $499 obo and I picked them up for far less. They came with the amplifier,control panel and ddi. If youguys need any pictures etc let me know. By chance do any of you have the RT-10D/RT12D software on these subs?

Thank you for the response so far. I do not have access to the software for the subs. 

I could not find the seller you quoted, do you have a link?

If anyone else has an idea of what could be the fault, please respond. So far I have changed the two OPAMPS, and will continue with the transistors and diodes. 

Gøran

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have now changed all of the transistors and diodes in the gain/filter circuit, but unfortunatelly its still bad.

If anyone has the schematics for this, or similar subwoofers pleace help me!

I have contacted the guy who sells replacement kits, but havent got any responce... I'm in desperate need to fix this wonderful subwoofer.

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards Gøran

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I have a similar problem, I have a RSA-500 Amp for subwoofers. By error, this was connected to 220VAC instead of 110VAC so the power supply was burned. cheking with the technician inside the amp, the board that was burned is the Indigo Canada 660045-1, attached I send a picture. can someone help me to find a replacement for this board or maybe to identify the components in the board in order to replace the electronic components to repair the board. waiting for your help.

Regards.

Carlos S.

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-02 at 10.22.13.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Hi, 

another question from my side to other owners of the Sub.

Maybe someone is willing to check a diode on the circuit for me?

The diode D8 on the Switching Power Supply PCB is dead (open circuit). It would be nice to get any information about this diode.

The following picture shows D8 (the part in TO220 package near D8 is D16), but I'm not sure if it's still the original part since one of the soldering points doesn't look like an original soldering point:

THANX in advance!

d8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello I am not sure this is a diode.  I think it is some type of thermal switch.  It says TH3 underneath and the symbol on the PCB does not look like a diode symbol.  Mine reads infinity in each direction.

I have the same board If you could help me out since you have the PCB out.  There are 2 regulators on the board LM317 and LM337 I have a couple of blown resistors near there and I cannot find a schematic.  Can you take a pic of your resisters or measure them and let me know what they are?.  Or send me a picture.  Thanks

I have posted the entire board and another pic with the area with my blown resistors.

20171119_021540_resized_1.thumb.jpg.298329fc38ec1261f77370aa9243c1bb.jpg20171119_012523_resized_1.thumb.jpg.a2bfa5984704d35e9b036b52c03dab90.jpg

• 2 weeks later...