Paul Walker of Fast and Furious

neo33

Hate it. The guy just left a car show in a Porsche Carrera GT as a passenger. Car hit a light pole at high speed down the road from the event and erupted into flames. Both friends and employees tried with extinguishers to put out the fire to no avail.

Edited by JL Sargent

• Moderators

Paul WHO..?? Anyone know the names of the four who died in the Bronx train crash...or the eight who died in the Glascow helicopter crash?

I get your point (which is always brought up when someone famous dies), and of course all sudden deaths are tragic. I don't think anyone here would dispute that.

It is those that involve a familiar face which are discussed and shared as a group, while others are mourned in private by those who knew them. It's the nature of celebrity.

• Like 1

Paul WHO..?? Anyone know the names of the four who died in the Bronx train crash...or the eight who died in the Glascow helicopter crash?

Point taken, and understood. It grieves me that these privileged "celebrities" end up with near god-like status, even after it is discovered they made significant contributions toward their own demise. Yet innocent victims who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time most often go un-noticed. Just trying to do my little bit to change this mentality.

Edited by oldenough

• Moderators

Understood. But if we noticed them all we would do nothing but mourn. In this way, there is a representative for these types of tragedies who can hopefully bring awareness to certain dangers.

I don't think he was god-like, but he did have an affinity for adrenaline rushes and fast cars. There's a lesson there for those who idolized him.

The most tragic part of this story, to me, is the driver's 8 year old son who was apparently on the scene moments later looking for his dad. Or so I read.

• Like 1

Not for one minute do I believe that YOU hold him in a god-like status, but just wait a little while. The other recent tragedies will be forgotten, and there will be numerous memorials for some guy called "Paul Walker". But anyway that's enough from me.... :)

Paul Walker is not a celebrity type of person. He is as down to earth as you and I can be. If you don't know him, you would never know that he did a tremendous amount of charity. He is a humble and caring person who happens to be an actor. And he has my respect.

Don't judge a book by its cover!

• Like 1

Paul Walker is not a celebrity type of person. He is as down to earth as you and I can be. If you don't know him, you would never know that he did a tremendous amount of charity. He is a humble and caring person who happens to be an actor. And he has my respect.

Don't judge a book by its cover!

My condolences for your loss "neo33", you obviously knew him very well...I think it is sad that such a nice car was destroyed by a couple of yobbos who were not experienced enough to be driving it.

I think it is sad that such a nice car was destroyed by a couple of yobbos who were not experienced enough to be driving it.

I believe the driver in that fatal crash had driven in the Porsche Car Cup series and finished 2'nd one year. Has there been an official cause released yet. speed, driver error ,mechanical etc??

Understood. But if we noticed them all we would do nothing but mourn. In this way, there is a representative for these types of tragedies who can hopefully bring awareness to certain dangers.

I don't think he was god-like, but he did have an affinity for adrenaline rushes and fast cars. There's a lesson there for those who idolized him.

The most tragic part of this story, to me, is the driver's 8 year old son who was apparently on the scene moments later looking for his dad. Or so I read.

If we mourned every one that had a loss, we would never stop mourning.

For the record: Paul Walker was leaving an event "car show" that his company organized to raise money for the Hurricane victims in the Philipines.

It's surprising what a weekend will do to an avatar. Lose a bet? :lol:

Nah, I know kids at both schools so just trying to spread the love a little. I'm not a die hard on college sports.

You watching the MNF tonight? Russell Wilson is something else ain't he?