Any members in the St. Louis MO. area?

timdog5000

I'm on the hunt for a local yocal with Rf-7 ii's , Rf-83's , Rf-82's or any combo of the above. The only store in town with the 7's tries to steer me toward B&W and won't hardly even turn them up for me. Missed out on a GREAT deal on some 7's from a fellow forum member due to my wife loosing her job. She is gainfully employed again and I feel better about spending some cash on speakers again. As of the last two years I've only been able to lust after everyone else's setup. Time to start getting things together. Looking to have three 7'iis up front and 82's as surrounds. I've read that the 82's (original version) were still made in Hope but the RS 82 ii's are not. Should I assume that the originals are better? Or is that a huge matter of opinion? Any info is appreciated!

I'm on the hunt for a local yocal with Rf-7 ii's , Rf-83's , Rf-82's or any combo of the above. The only store in town with the 7's tries to steer me toward B&W and won't hardly even turn them up for me. Missed out on a GREAT deal on some 7's from a fellow forum member due to my wife loosing her job. She is gainfully employed again and I feel better about spending some cash on speakers again. As of the last two years I've only been able to lust after everyone else's setup. Time to start getting things together. Looking to have three 7'iis up front and 82's as surrounds. I've read that the 82's (original version) were still made in Hope but the RS 82 ii's are not. Should I assume that the originals are better? Or is that a huge matter of opinion? Any info is appreciated!

Whats your willing to travel radius and finish preference?

Edited by philly0116

She is gainfully employed again and I feel better about spending some cash on speakers again.

Glad to hear your bride is employed now.

I've read that the 82's (original version) were still made in Hope but the RS 82 ii's are not.

Neither the RF-82 or RF-82II were built in Hope. Only the real wood veneer Reference speakers were/are built in Hope.

Good luck in your quest.

Bill

I hate to sound like a bonehead who cant figure out the new website, but unfortunately IM GOING TO! Not seeing how to respond to one person only so I will reply to all. Scrappy, hows it hangin bro? youve helped me out with questions in the past, thanks! I read Youthmans post about 7 vs 7ii vs 83 and from what i gather the 83's sound awesome and in HT may be harder to discern a difference between them and 7ii's. Again thats what my peon brain discerned. He may disagree. The 83's are definitly on the list but as of tiday I have yet to hear them. I am willing to travel a bit to answer Philly0116, prob 4 to 5 hours to audition but obviously drive MUCH FURTHER to bring these puppies home. I prefer cherry for my front soumdstage, and black for my four surrounds. Thanks WILLAND the words on my wifes employment, i have six children two of which are married and gone now but one spouse out is scary these days,thankfully she has a great work ethic and sweet personality and was sweeped up pretty qwik. (also the fact that she LOVES HT makes her a keeper) Im really bummed ti hear NEITHER then 82's or 82ii's were made in Hope. I always thought when i seen pics of 82's I seen the signed name in the serial # sticker. Well are the 82'iis less harsh than the 82's like i read on rf-7 vs rf-7ii? Thank everyone for there insight!

I owned that 82's for a while and heard the 82ii's and I just thought they looked a little nicer. Didn't sound any different to me. And the guy by me has black 83'd and 64. Cherry is gonna be harder to fine. There is a cherry set of 83's in the garage sale section right now. Can't remember how far they were from St. Louis